After the First Date - Do I text him first?

I met this guy online and we chatted for a week or two before meeting up today (last minute date since i was in the city) and I live an hour away. We met up for coffee and it lasted for an hour and we talked about our families, friends, travel etc... He said he had to get going so we ended the date and we walked back to my car. I said I had a good time and I think he said Yes as well and then he said next time I was in the city to let him know. He then gave me a handshake and said have a safe drive home. We had a good time talking and conversing but my question is - do you think he is into me and should I wait for him to text me or should I say thanks for the date.

He was the one to ask me out.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would recommend thanking him again for the date via text and simultaneously ask him if he would be interested in having another one soon. That should tell you whether or not he was interested

Should I text him like tonight or wait a day or two? I hate playing games but don't want to come across as needy

Well I would thank him for the date tonight and then if he does not suggest meeting again within 2-3 days I would recommend initiating that conversation about a second date

Most Helpful Girl

• Handshake no hug? Seems like he wants to be just friends... I mean otherwise he'd offer to drive to your city.

You already thanked him while on the meet up so no need to text first unless you're in the city I guess. He should text you back within 24hrs of departing if he's truly interested... Not all guys do the good night or morning text but they usually say hey the next day or something

What Guys Said 2

• Uh, if the date was recent (like today) my opinion is that you should text him and say thank you and that you had a good time.

But handshake? >.<

• text him if you liked him. else wait for him to text you before you can decide.

What Girls Said 2

• My gut says to wait for him to text first...
    However - he will likely wait a few days so as not to seem desperate, of course, but - if it goes past a week and you like him, I'd say text him something casual and then judge from there...

• Nothing wrong with thanking him for the date. :) shoot him a text!