Dating Someone Older, Who "Works" On Me?

Here's some information beforehand... I am a 25 y/o substitute teacher & retail employee, who is apart of a College of Dentistry in my town as a patient. Being a patient means that 3rd & 4th year student interns perform dental work on patients like myself, under the supervision of professors & experienced dentists, in exchange for discounted work. I have a long and complex dental history, so getting accepted into the program as a patient was a blessing!

Anyways, my dental student (who I was assigned to), after one of our appointments, told me he was going to give me his #, so that we could discuss treatment plans and options & I could have time to think, before a final plan was made with the professors. It's against school rules apparently, but he said he didn't care.

Everything we have discussed has been business so far & I really didn't look into it further until he started saying the last few days, how he was happy I was his patient, so that he could give me the best treatment & I could finally know what it's like to smile and love my smile. Also, he has made two attempts to come visit me, while working retail with his son, who he picks up every weekend, but hasn't made it either time.

I have been trying not to read too much into anything, b/c odds are he is just being a nice guy. But, I can't help but think it might be more than that. Also, my "student" is 10 years older than me (he's 37). I have never dated anyone that much older than me either. So, what do you think, is he just being nice, or could he be hinting at something else? Also, does an age difference matter after a certain age in dating? I don't believe it does, but opinions are welcome.

And if you actually read all this, thank you! Lol!

Most Helpful Girl

• Age isn't a big deal but the fact that you're his patient is. I am a medical student and I just started working in the hospitals and dating someone who is or ever even was our patient is a huge no no and grounds for losing your license or at least being put on some type of probation or something, it's just extremely unprofessional and not allowed. I don't know if it's the same for dental school but you should find out so you're not getting your hopes up over something that can't happen.

I agree. It's not necessarily the age, but the fact that he is treating you (dental internship). If he's more immature for his age, then you could have a HUGE problem.

What Guys Said 10

• You are 'of age' and at your age, 10 years isn not huge. Still, you may have quite different life experiences; he is far long in his career, you apparently are not... there's a big gap between you that is more important than just years.

• Sounds very interesting. After the procedure, keep in touch with him and see how that goes.
    He sounds pretty interested and thoughtful!

• NOT a good idea. There's reasons why dating a student/professor is a bad idea. This is one of them. This student of yours could go crazy and damage your teeth/gums on purpose, if things somehow go bad. And they can. I'm not saying this guy for certain is crazy. But that's why you shouldn't take the chance. Even if you reject him, you should still make sure you get reassigned. Some people don't handle rejection well, and that includes students/professors - and any other kind of people in this world. Think of all the other college programs out there that there could be dangerous to have student/professor relationships - law enforcement/law, medical, accounting... You probably need to be reassigned to someone else, if you can. Otherwise, you would need to do everything you can to keep this man happy at least until the internship is over. Otherwise, he could go crazy on you. And you aren't the first one. Some people tend to be that way (immature and stupid), even older people.

• My last but one long term girlfriend was 23 years younger than me, and my last long term girlfriend was 27 years younger. Age is only a number!

• Lol lady keep it short first ;)
    I say Love doesn't see religion, age difference, distances, height difference etc.

• If you love each other it should work.

• Age is just a number. Don't take it serious.

• lol there is nothing i could say to a 24 yo bimbo at that age. just not interested... .

• He's probably not going to end up being a dentist. He'll get kicked out of the program for something like this.

• Age difference is no big deal since your 25 but maybe he is being a nice guy but it seems he is going out of his way with you so maybe once he is done he may ask you out so I guess I would wait for him to make sure

What Girls Said 1

• I find it creepy he brings his son to your work place