True or False: Less attractive girls have it easier finding a serious relationship and more attractive girls have it easier finding sex/attention?

I've just noticed that most of the young girls I know who are engaged or married tend to be not as attractive as the young girls I know who are single but get lots of attention from a variety of guys or have many shorter relationships. Maybe it's just the girls I know. My apologies if anyone is offended, it is just my personal observation and of course there are always exceptions.

• True
  • False
  • True but I think it's because of the personalities of prettier vs less pretty girls
  • Depends/not sure

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, as what you observe starts to becoming opposite of what I observe as we start working towards later age groups where the ones who seem destined to stay single for the rest of their lives aren't necessarily the most attractive.

In general I think it's harder for attractive people to establish a serious relationship. Note that I don't define "attractive" here by how good someone looks in a photo, but how much attention they get from the opposite sex (simpler definition and more useful in this context).

Girls who get a ton of male attention (and therefore "attractive" by my definition above) might tend to be more picky about commitment. Same for guys who get a ton of female attention. If a guy can have just about any girl he wants, chances are he's not going to be falling madly in love with the first girl he dates. Any curiosity he has that there could be someone more suitable for him who makes him happier can easily be pursued with another girl, and another girl, and another girl until he finds one who is outstanding in every way he wants. I don't know the female mindset quite as well but I would imagine it's not so different for a girl who can have any guy she wants.

Yet as both of these get older, if their attention from the opposite sex begins to decline with age, they might more readily fall in love or "settle" with one they didn't fall madly in love with. That or, they might simply have had enough time to really find "the one" who seems better than all others in their history of partners.

[...] as what you observe starts to becoming [/become] opposite of what I observe as we start working towards later age groups [...]

For me someone who receives endless attention from the opposite sex is maybe crudely comparable to someone who keeps receiving endless samples of food to try while being asked to pick a favorite they can stick to for the rest of their lives. Those who keep being offered sample after sample after sample are probably going to be quite picky about it until they really find one that makes them think there's no other future sample that can possibly compare, or until the offer for free samples starts to decline.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if I'd say that's true or false. It probably falls into a big grey area. A grey area where in some cases, more of the 'less attractive girls' get engaged/married than the supermodel-like girls simply because the former group is not only more confident as they don't rely entirely on their good looks quite as much, but are also more willing to settle.
    (Purely hypothetical.)

What Guys Said 14

• i´d say it´s about even.

hot girls have a hard time finding a guy that´s not superficial and actually only likes them for their odies.

"less attractive" girls struggle for attention. cause guys gravitate to the hot ones. you´d assume that would make it easier, cause only those who look for something serious would choose her... WRONG. cause men know that less attractive ones struggle to get less sexual attention, they see them as the "easier" hookups xD

so overall i´d say: the problems are different but the outcome is similar.

• I'm afraid this has some level of truth, simply because guys looking for "meat" will most likely be going for the pretty girls :o
    Guys going for a serious relationship will go for any girl they like based on personality :D
    Remembering one of your previous questions, I really hope you'll soon meet a guy of the second type :D

• I actually think the less attractive girls tend to have the most partners.

• Maybe those girls are choosing to be single and date more casually instead? Or if the girl has a lot of sexual flings, guys may tend up pick up on that and lose interest. So she may be great at getting a guys attention, but they tend to just want sex so the girl learned to adapt to that.

Generally I think good looks help attract either but I really don't know. There's probably a level of societal attractiveness where most guys wouldn't make an effort due to assuming they'd be rejected though.

• That's coz less attractive girls get hit on by less attractive guys who are usually the nice type. And they can't get any girl so they stick with the girl. And vice Versa.

While attractive girls get hit on by attractive guys who can leave that girl and find another one with confidence. So they don't give a crap. And again vice Versa

It's more of need for less attractive people and more of want for attractive people.

• I think there may be some truth to what you are saying. I think it all depends on the woman, but a lot of attractive women I know are in less serious or casual relationships too

• I would say this is pretty typical.

• True, but I hate the clingy ones in both groups.

Do you think this rule counts for men as well?

I'm not sure. I really do think appearance plays less of a role for women choosing a partner though. I think it's possible it's easier for unattractive men to find a relationship but I think that's more because attractive men have an easier time getting girls and just don't want a serious relationship. I think girls have more control over sex and guys have more control over relationships.

So those who are different just have no luck?

• The hotter girl has it easy both ways its just her choices become the problem. The less attractive girl just chooses a guy whos more willing and less on looks alone

• Depends

• I think attractive girls are more picky as a result of getting more attention. And the average girls are more likely to learn to take responsibility for their own love life and become more pro-active if they want good things to happen.

• That is not true. I think more attractive girls tend to have more male contacts around her. They have plenty of options for serious relationships but it seems it's harder for these girls to settle down with one in those situations.
    They wait for better.

• Both have more relationships and attention then men in general.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah I've noticed less attractive girls get hit on more, and have more relationships. Its suck because guys don't think that attractive girls have a good personality, and just want to hit it and quit it. Guys, you would be surprised if you just took the time to talk to us like we're human beings, niceness comes along way. Next time you see someone pretty, and feel like you want to talk to her, just do it.

Point taken. Thing is that I usually DO tend to talk to women (whether attracted to them or not) like a human being. My tricky part is that I need to "let it be known" that I'm attracted to them and would like to date them.

• Attractive girls can find relationships too, but they are not as willing to settle for any guy who wants to date them. They are pickier and end up getting burned by the guys that they want but might not want them back. But they pick themselves up and move on because they know someone else will want them.

• I'd say that's false. There are a lot of options in general for attractive girls, for sex, attention, friends with benefits, relationships, whatever it is, but that can also make it harder for her to settle down with one person. It's a mixture of the paradox of choice and the "always looking for the next best thing" syndrome/trap.

Plus, while the more attractive, successful and desirable guys are more of an option to an attractive girl, and she may gravitate towards them over other guys, they tend to not be as interested in commitment as other types of guys, because they have a ton of options too. There are always exceptions, of course.

• I agree with you. I think guys see very hott girls as a challege to sleep with so tas their aim instead of getting to know the girl. Where as cute girls get hit on for sex and for dating seriously because they look more "sweet".

• i don't think so.
    i'm not that pretty but i have always gotten a lot of attention and guys who want sex and i always got with my top choice but the relationships were not serious.

well, tbh it was often my fault for being a drama queen. i am in a serious relationship now.

• Is actually say it's the other way around

• I don't find myself as attractive as the "normal" girls of my age. However, I am already getting married with my man soon, while the others are still partying and such things.

• Men often want to fuck pretty girls rather than date them.

• Im not all that attractive and no guy ever takes me serious even though i have self respect and high standards... guys only see me as someone they want to hit and run they never think about wifing or settling down with me.. even though im a virgin waiting till marriage... its not about the looks its the men... by the way most females who they consider "unattractive" are dtf

So maybe since im not all that attractive guys think im DTF but since im not DTF they be like f it and they leave me