Does sleeping together too soon ruin the chances for a relationship?

I've know this guy and his family for a while but things recently turned more romantic. We recently slept together (it just kind of Happened) and now I'm worried that it was too much too fast. Or that he will lose interest. We still text and chat almost everyday. And we have hung out several times without hooking up. But I just wanted to see what other people thought?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how long into the relationship it was.
    If it just so happened then i guess the timing must have been ok. I

Well we aren't technically in a relationship. We had kissed once before and been flirting and hanging out for awhile... but He's a family friend.

So you have known him for a while then since your families know each other. Well, if you are compatibke, this might be perfect.
      And i dont think he will lose interest in this case

Thanks for mho

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my boyfriend slept together the second time we hung out. We've been together three years now and have a baby together. If it felt right it wasn't to soon. There's never a right or wrong time (:

What Guys Said 6

• I think yes. It does.

So you would never want to date or be in a relationship with someone that slept with you earlier in a relationship. I mean we've known each other for years and had been flirting for a couple months so it's not like it was a first date and a just met him...

• No unless you both make the relationship just about sex.

• Yes if you want to be taken seriously, i can tell you from experience

• No, it increases the chance of a relationship.

• No... if I haven't slept with them by 3rd date, there is no 4th date.

Just curious. I read similar comments as yours in other posts. Why is the 3rd or 4th date the limit if there's still no sex?

@mpva18 It indicates no return on my investment of time, money, etc. I'd lose interest.

• I don't think so , it never has made any difference to me and as long as he still shows interest afterwords I really doubt it's a problem

What Girls Said 8

• As long as he is still around and interested- which from the sound of it, he is- does it matter what the rest of us think?

• Some relationships I've had have lasted months or years and we slept on the first date. Some I didn't sleep with them for weeks or months and they didn't last. So it's not necessarily an indication of whether it'll ruin anything.

• No. Guys don't like chasing a woman all the time. And sometimes it just happens. Wouldn't worry about it. If that ruins it then clearly they wernt what you were looking for

• I don't think so. If a guy likes you, he'll still like you whether you have sex on the first date or a year into a relationship.

• As long as you don't make the relationship solely about sex I think you are safe.

• It lessens the chance of a real one developing since he already sampled the goods, especially before creating an emotional attachment to you. In this day and age, if you don't have a serious talk about where you stand in your relationship, then you're not in one. You'll just be FWBs.

• I feel like when you rush stuff it tends to fall apart.

• If ur both good for eachother then i dont think so