Struggling to move on past unrequited crush coworker?

I constantly think about her, I am obsessed/infatuated with this girl... She is my first and only love...

I am struggling to move on...

I met this girl at work, I was really shy and I guess she was super friendly...

I thought she liked me, but she only liked me as a friend...

And I am overthinking about the things she said and did ( She did say some weird stuff)

and I got to see her hug and kiss her boyfriend... Which was really nice...

After two years, she is still consuming my mind...

I dream about her every night!!! I think about her when I wake up... I can't stop... I really have an issue...

I just want to move on, and it's not happening...

I know she doesn't like me... I have thousands of reasons why it would never work and what I dislike about her...

I can't change my job which doesn't help... I feel so anxious at work and sometimes get mild attacks...

I get really jealous when I see her talking, sitting and even laughing with other guys...

We don't talk to each other anymore, things are awkward and tense... Apart from saying good afternoon/evening... But we do make deep eye contact sometimes...

I was looking for closure the last time I talked to her, I indirectly asked about her relationship and she said they were no longer together... Which really didn't help... I am hurt from her, realized we don't belong together, and know she doesn't want to date me...

Why am I having so much trouble moving on?

All the advice I get is to man up, move on, it happens, find someone else... But If I ignore these feelings the problem just gets worse...

I really don't know, I really loved her... and I really felt hurt seeing her boyfriend and her rejecting me... and now I feel so anxious and jealous at work... Think about her 24/7 and dream about her every night... I know so much about her too, because I remember everything she has told me...

Any advice? I feel sick to my stomach, and my heart aches, I hate the anxiety and my brain hurts...

3mo I am 22 years old, not 26 if it matters...

Most Helpful Girl

• Apart from your job, what else do you do? I mean, do you have any other hobbies? If not, I'd advice you to get some in order to keep your mind busy. You should also start hanging out with friends more or you could try meeting more people through them.

Really I am not interested in hobbies, My friends have grown apart...

I just work, and constantly think about her... I even spend lots of time on here...

She is the only girl in this world I love, and I don't even want her anymore...

At times. A bit hard to answer.

I try small talking to girls in real life, It doesn't go anywhere.

Dating sites, I have gotten into a few conversations and went on a date last year.

I don't have that many girls in my life, she is the only one that I have gotten close with and know so well. Plus ahe actually liked me to some extent. I didn't know she was hiding a boyfriend though.

I'm stuck in a bit of a catch 22 maybe. I can't get another girl because she's on my mind... and she's on my mind because I can't get another girl?

What Girls Said 1

• You mee a therapist.

What Guys Said 0