Girls, would you date a guy 5 inches shorter than you?

So there's been this new girl in my swimming class. She almost 14 and gorgeous with pretty much the perfect body. During classes, she's in another swimming group but would constantly turn and smile and me playing with her hair (when she has her swimming cap off). After the third week after classes I walked up to her to get her name. When I stood next to her, my eyes were at her shoulder's length. She didn't seem to notice the height difference as she kept taking about school and that she also does teakwondo etc. I'm a really small guy, I'm only 5'4 (she's about 5'9) and I don't have muscles no matter how much I work out. Girls always tell me I'm really cute but I known it's because I look girlish. My hair is only neck length but a lot of people think I'm a girl for some reason. So after weeks of getting to know her, today I finally decided to tell her how I feel and ask her on a date. Her response broke me, she patted me on the head and told me "sorry, you're really cute and a sweetie but maybe if you were taller. She then attempted walking away when I gently grabed her by her wrist and told her I can't control my height and who I fall for. She then pinched my cheek and walked away. I'm so depressed because this was the first girl I ever had feelings for and I thought she felt the same. by the way I'm 17 will be 18 soon. I haven't grown since I was 13, I look 12, I have the worst hair, I have leukemia so my life is pretty much over before it began.

3mo Katy called and told me the main reason she doesn't want to date is because she already likes someone from her class blah blah balh. I told her I was sorry tho. Truth is I've been ill most of my life due to my condition. I never had a girlfriend and had to be home schooled as a result. At 16 - 17 I finally was feeling normal I guess but the leukemia is returning. As the person in the comments says I'll be dead soon so I shouldn't date is true. I would just be breaking someone's heart when I die.

24

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree with @fauchelevent, that's a fairly large age gap for a teenager, and not really appropriate. There's a huge maturity and expectation difference between 13 and 17 as well.
    I wouldn't have a problem if a guy was 5 inches shorter than me though.

What Girls Said 23

• I get it and must let you know that there's a gal out there that wants you exactly like you are but con't find you b/c you are pining for other gals not interested. Get out of this rut and begin searching for her before it's too late. Issues like medical & height are the devil's way of keeping you sad & defeated. Happiness awaits you, if you'll go find it.

• Yes, because I'm not a shallow cow like she is. When I was 14 and was 5ft I went out with a guy who was an inch or two shorter than me and he was 15. Height does mean anything, it's the personality that counts.

But a 17-18yr old wanting to date a 13-14 yr old? That's what I find wrong. The age gap may not be that big but she's underage and... No, I find age gaps mean less when you're older.

Thanks for your input 😊 But if you don't mind I'm asking, did you dump him when u got taller? Or I u all still together?

You're a really nice person 😊

Thank you. :) it's always the personality that matters to me. Yes, it's usually physical attributes and what not that will appeal to you and attract you to start with, but the real beauty is what's inside.

• You're 18 and wanting to go out with a 14 year old girl.
    That's a huge age difference.
    I don't think you should even be thinking about her in that way or considering a relationship with her.

4 years as adults is no biggie... but she's a child in this case.
    You should be looking at 17/18 year old girls.

Anyway, no I wouldn't date a guy 5 inches shorter than me.
    I am 5'6... that means he would be 5'1.

What's the big deal? We're only three years something apart. It's like a 20 year old dating a 24 year old. I'm still really attracted to her tho...

• Sorry for your condition but regardless of height, I'd suggest find an attraction to someone closer to your own age. You don't want to be branded a pedophile, sex offender, statatory rapist. And don't take the rejection so hard, we all face rejection, especially when first being attracted to people. ☮💜😊

I didn't get it, it's like a 20 year old dating a 24 year old. We're only 3 years something apart. I don't think my feelings would change for her. I still love her

It's nothing, nothing like a 20 yo dating a 24yo, at all. A 14yo as mature as they may appear is not mentally equipped to discern love, attraction, sex etc. and a more mature person should not influence or abuse that innocence.

• You should probably know that a 17 year old dating a 13 year old is inappropriate. Regardless, no, I wouldn't. If he was 5 inches shorter than me, he'd be 4'9 and I wouldn't date a woman that short either.

• 1. Gross, she's not even 14 and you're about to be 18? You better back off before you become a pedophile.

2. Hell no. I'm no height queen but 5 inches shorter than me is 4'6. That's not even an adult, and unlike you, I'm not into children. Or, it's a midget and I'm not sexually attracted to them.

No, it isn't. Because 20yr Olds are closer stages in life than an adult and a teen.

Also, I have no problem with a 57 and 77yr old dating (20yr age gap) because they're both ADULTS and similar stages in life. It's not so much the age gap as it is the life stage.

• Based on the information provided, I think you should be focusing on things other than this girl. She's way too young and won't be mature or wise enough to be put in a relationship, and you have your own things to deal with and shouldn't be focused on that. But to answer the question, no I personally wouldn't date someone that was significantly shorter than me.

• She was honoust to you, so be happy. A lot better than playiong with your feelings and dumping you afterwards. And the fact she talked to you means she liked you as a friend. You can still be friends. Just tell her you want to be and feel sorry for expressing your feelings to her. If she is a true girl, she will understand and accept.

• That's too much I'm not even tall so the guy would be 5'1, I guess the shorter I might go for is 5'6 if the guy is perfect

• No. I would not date a 4'11 guy.

• I definitely would not. I'm 5'1" if a guy is 5 inches shorter than me then he's a dwarf.

• Nope.

• Om usually not attracted by men shorter then me.. but I guess that if I fall in love with him I would define tell date him

• No i wouldn't

• She does not deserve you

• Well he'd be 4'7 and one of us needs to reach things soooo no

But we can't control our height 😕

I was half kidding. I do like my tall man and someone does need to reach something but that doesn't mean we can't ask for help :) I'd be open to it but I'd prefer someone at least my height (5ft) just from the disadvantages of being so short. I believe it said you're 5'4 and that's just fine ^^

• I would not because he would be classified as a midget. If I was her height I would though.

• Dirty pedo ur above the limit she's below u could get nicked 4 that dirty creep

• Nope

• No I wouldn't cause I'm fun sized as is so I would not date who is 5 inches shorter

• You're a creep! You have cancer which means your have bad genes and shouldn't be dating anyone or wanting sex. If I knew teakwondo like she does, I would've punched you in your eye and kick your ass at that moment. You're gonna be dead soon anyways so try not to date anyone 😊

• He'd be 5'9" and I wouldn't date him. I could never date a guy shorter than me.

• No would not