Girls, would you date an introvert?

• Yes
    79% (77)
  • No
    15% (15)
  • Other
    6% (6)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

30

Most Helpful Girl

• We'd be more compatible. So yeah.

Nice. So you consider yourself like a homebody?

Thanks for MHO!

You're welcome!

What Girls Said 29

• Absolutely, great balance for extroverts. I am just aware that the way we process information and situations differ. Respecting those differences is critical. It's also fascinating to see an introvert bloom in communication. I love the element of depth that's shared at times from someone that is not as verbal.

I've noticed that a lot of extroverts love seeing that. They love getting an introvert out they're shell just for them. I'm an introvert and though it's not easy being outgoing and adventurous I admire an extroverts ability to break me out my shell for a little while.

I think it's wonderful to connect with people, period. More so, when it's an unlikely pairing. I think both intro & extroverts can gain from encounters because of the exposure to the variance from self. I makes life more interesting and exciting that way.

• I am an extrovert but I feel that having an introvert boyfriend would be very interesting.. since he would be the type that I could have serious moments with and he won't be like let me tell everyone about this (had an ex who did that =.=). Not only that it'd mean we'd have more alone time and I think its pretty important to have that time together.

That's a very interesting perspective. I believe introverted/extroverted relationships could truly work. Most of the people I have connections to are extroverted but I feel like they don't understand my nature since I'm an introvert myself.

That's really cool. I bet you could find a great introverted guy just like your sis did.

hope so XD

• Not be a Date nor a Mate, but be Friends Instead.
    I am the Kind of Person is Friendly, Outgoing and very Talkative, and I Need some Interaction and maybe a Little... Action.
    Good luck and Great question,

• Maybe it depends on the person and how much I share in common with them. I don't mind being in quieter settings so being with an introvert wouldn't be a bad thing. However extroverts are more likely to get me out of my own shell. I used to like doing some extroverted things but other times I really didn't like being in the spotlight.

• Possibly but most likely, no because I'm an extroverted and I really need a certain type of guy who can join me on all my wild festivities and adventures.

Yeah I know it's tough for introverts to break out they're shell. I know it could be tough for an intro and an extro to mesh with each other unless they like it that way.

People thirst for life in different ways and that's okay :)

All part of the learning experience haha.

• I'm an introvert and I already am dating someone who is very introverted, so yeah :)

You know I have to say, you and your boyfriend are like perfect for each other. Have you ever had an argument before? Lol.

Oh, dude, we're so not perfect for each other, we just make it work :P We bicker pretty much every day and we have had a lot of arguments in our time. Maybe being introverted helps that - the drama of fighting and that much heated interaction is just too exhausting to keep up :P

Oh so that's the other side lol. Everytime you mention your boyfriend you never said anything negative or critical so I thought everything was smooth sailing haha.

• As long as he can open his mouth and talk to me at some point so I can find out if I like him or not, sure.

Cool. So you wouldn't care if he likes to stay home a lot or doesn't travel much or anything?

I'm less afraid to talk to people than I was in my twenties. I'm okay with having conversations with strangers or someone I just met. But overall I'm still an introvert in many ways and shy around cute guys.

I get what you're saying how you're less nervous around people as you got older as I noticed that transition myself from my teenage years to now, I've always been an introvert though. I thought it was a phase and it'll change when I got older but I guess not lol.

• I'm an extrovert and I always wanna be around people or animals or life. Mainly cause I have depression and I need that human contact to keep me going. So I would prefer not to date someone who needs a lot of down time.

Interesting. Usually all the people I know who have depression shy away from human contact. I guess in your case you need social interaction to cope with your depression.

No, especially since it was a black widow too xD

Eurgh! Don't blame you then D:

• I am dating an introvert

How is it? You said you prefer extroverts though right?

No. I don't recall saying that...

It's great. We balance each other out.

Oh my fault. I thought I remember you saying one time you prefer an extrovert since they're more outgoing, but hey no reason to fix what isn't broken lol.

• Yeah, I'm an introvert... so being able to hang with someone I like and not have to leave my room is a bonus

I agree being out the house all day can be very exhausting.

It does. So what kind of games do you play on steam?

Portal, Mount&Blade, War of the Overlords... Basically games that have stratagy or puzzles, as long as I can grip my teeth into them (Plus lego harry potter and the lego hobbit just for the sack of it)

• I'd date an introvert. I don;t think that;d be a problem, as long as he wasn't introverted around me.

So like, let's say this guy keeps to himself a lot but is more of an open book around you, that would be ok?

That's pretty cool. You're an introvert yourself right?

I am, so that's why I'd be so understanding of it.

• No, because I'm a introvert too. I want to date someone who talk a lot and can push me out of my comfort zone

• Yeah I don't see a problem with them.

• Introvert with an adventurous side?
    I think so

• I would actually prefer an introvert.

• Yes, I would.

Hey I wanna ask you. You're 31, is it true that when a lot of women get older they want a guy who's more outgoing and adventurous? I've noticed a pattern in that but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Haha well hopefully you can find some cool new places that have some awesome foods!

Haha thanks you too.

• NOT!!!

• I mean I am an introvert so I don't really have a say lol

• Yep. Have a crush on one rn. He seems to like me too. He invited me to a part he's having and when we played ping pong he kept picking up the ball for me

• Hell yeah I would.

Really? You seem like extroverts are more of your type lol.

You know, I've heard a lot of guys on this site have charming personalities 😂 😂

That is very true 😉

• Yes cuz honey I am the same

• yes i would.

• Yeah I would

• Oh certainly! I'm an extrovert, and all the guys I attract are introverted, and well, I'm attracted to them as well. Not a problem for me. :)

• I'm very extroverted I have been attracted to introverts but I know it won't work out because it's like talking to a wall

Well it's not always like that. I understand where you're coming from but an introvert can be very talkative with the right person. They just don't like to go out much.

• I find introverts to be mysterious, which is always attractive. So yes, I would date one. However, it is usually much harder for me to get anywhere with an introvert relationship wise because I am also introvert lol so it's usually easier when I have an outgoing guy

• I prefer them.

• Yes but Im one most of the time anyways so its all good.

• My Husband and I are both introverts and so was my only other serious ex... none of us were shy by any means though. I feel like most people usually think the 2 go hand in hand.

Definitely! Introverted and shy aren't the same. I've seen shy extroverts and confident introverts.

Oh and I do tend to dread big public events but it goes away when I get there... come up of always being around E's.

I like movie theaters too unless there's loud people who talk through the whole movie or make side comments every 2 minutes lol. I just don't like being around a lot of people especially if they're strangers. I get a little paranoid haha. But yeah bowling is so fun, loved it since I was a kid. I've never been hiking or climbing before but I would like to try. Oh I'm the same way I hate public events but it's actually worse knowing you have to go to one then actually being there lol.