Guys: Did you have ugly duckling syndrome? Grew up unattractive, became hot when you got older?

If so, how did it affect you? Were you picked on/bullied? Did you get rejected by girls a lot?

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I had that syndrome. However no, I was not targeted by anyone and no I was never rejected by girls because I never tried to approach girls, despite my looks back then I was very content, very satisfied within myself. I only used to mind my own business, I never compared with others.

What Guys Said 4

• Difficult to say since I don't think I ever achieved that "swan" status.

Yes I was bullied for a bit during my Freshman year at high school. Ended up in a fight with a fella, and it basically introduced me to the sport that I would become very passionate about for the next four years of my life. In the fight I discovered that I was not just a bit faster than this fella but a lot faster (no not spiderman fast, way to build my ego though, love it) I would hit him multiple times and then back off allowing him to throw himself off balance and then pepper him again. Now I think i weighed about 105 pounds at the time, so I doubt I could have knocked out a poodle at that time (the small ones not the big ones). Fight was broke up eventually, which was probably for the best. Cause absolutely no one was gonna get hurt unless we tripped and fell into oncoming traffic LOL. Had a lot of fun in Amateur Boxing. Stopped at 17 with a record of 8wins-1loss-1n/c-6ko. My last fight was my loss, ever been hit in the head so hard you can actually feel your neck and shoulder muscles attempting to let go of your head. It was that feeling that made me think, hey maybe I shouldn't be doing this cause i swear i just got hit with a ballbat and that dude isn't holding one.
    I looked a lot like the geek dude from "Weird Science" back in the 80s. Now I believe he turned into a Swan. I did begin to get noticed more and more as I got older with less effort applied. So there was that, had a few ladies I had dated in my late 20s who began terming me as a silver tongued fox since I could talk to anyone about most anything and somehow make it interesting. Along the way I found other uses for my silver-tongue (yep, thats it). I think I noticed things on the social scene regressing for me at about 38 or 39. Lost some of my nerve, been in love with only 3 women in my life thus far. There is still time though. I've gotten around to the belief that this man's story is just nearing the climax. Still got a bit before the big conclusion.
    CHEERS!

• Sorta, it was more like I thought I was cool as fuck until I got older and looked back and thought, "WTF was I thinking!!!" LOL. Didn't get bullied, but I did get rejected a few times bad and hard to the point it sorta hurt my perception of women.

• I think so. I used to be really chubby but when puberty hit I thinned out.
    On the other hand, I also now have acne and have to shave once every two days, so I did have to pay a bit for the better body.

• No I was cute as a kid then got ugly...