Girls, Calling all ladies I need some help?

K so I have known a girl she's my moms bff's daughter we have known each other since toddlers. Recently we have started talking a lot and I have gotten feelings for her I want a girlfriend but she says she doesn't want a boyfriend right now because she wants to be independent but she keeps flirting with me. Should I ask her out because I really like her.

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should let her know you like her. Some girls will say that they want to be independent if you ask why they don't have a boyfriend, because they are embarrassed that they aren't seeing anyone and don't want to admit that they just haven't been asked out in a while or whatever. This is just a possibility though, there are definitely girls out there who actually don't want to date anyone for a variety of reasons! But it wouldn't hurt to ask her out, especially if she is flirting with you, it is likely that she likes you.

What Girls Said 3

• She blatantly told you she doesn't want a relationship.
    You are thinking that it is a wise idea to ignore the obvious and proceed forward as if you two never have that talk.
    If you do that, trust me you will get hurt!

Clearly, this girl is looking for a good time and nothing more.
    You're looking for a relationship.
    You BOTH want different things.
    This will not work out.

• if she has actually said "I want to be independent I don't want a boyfriend right now." Directly to you, it's because she knows you might want to go there. I do this all the time because I want to make sure the guy knows what my intentions are. Maybe she does like you and thinks you're cute, but she's just not interested in perusing anything right now. Just be patient and wait for her to come to you.

• Just continue hanging out and if she likes it say dating would be like that