Does backing off really make a guy want you more?

If I stop iniating, then in theory it will give him room to step up? Is this actually true

Most Helpful Guy

• No.

But its one of the most common misconceptions amongst girls, and it will never go away, no matter how often guys tell them it doesn't work.

So is it normal if he stops texting you as much as he did in the beginning? I know I've heard that girls put way too much weight in texting and shouldn't read into it. But I'm worried it's a sign he's losing interest. He still says yes to doing things though

Its not just normal, it's mandatory for all guys.

What Guys Said 3

• i wouldn't count on it. for some it may work

• Or he thinks you aren't that interested in him and he goes to find another girl who doesn't play stupid games.

So I should just keep texting and snap chatting him when I want to? I send at most one a day. He just doesn't seem to be sending as many as he did in the beginning. But my friends tell me that's kind of normal

• Not necessarily.

So he won't necessarily get bored and move on if I act interested and initiate things instead of letting him do it

What Girls Said 4

• Based on my life, yes. I've always been the 'on the go' type of girl where guys and dating aren't my priority and it's like they have fun trying to be my priority. In my experience, they enjoy the challenge and they get bored if the catch is too easy. I can tell some of them just want the ego boost of feeling like they've been able to tame me because I'm not an easy woman to get. So it's always good to let a man come to you for a variety of reasons.

However, if a man isn't vibing with you and feeling your energy then backing off isn't going to change that. Sometimes there's a physical connection but there's not long term chemistry beyond that initial attraction.

• It depends entirely on the guy.

But I can tell you 100% playing games with ANY guy definitely WON'T make him want you more.

Don't be apologetic in how much you want him, but don't come across as clingy and needy, either.

You don't need to text him every day, but you also don't need to worry about being the first one to text when you DO text him.

Don't just contact him because you're bored and you generally miss talking to him. Contact him if you have something to talk about, or plans to make.

Because he'll probably get REAL bored if you continuously contact him about bullshit.

• Not always