Is a guy without a car and his own place wholly undatable?

I'm 24. I have my license but don't drive. I live in a busy suburb. I bike where I need to go. I live with my parents. I work and go to school. I'm saving up for a car.

I feel like I'd be a great boyfriend and I'd put my 100% into a relationship, but I'm really afraid to talk to women since they may reject me once they find out that I'm not caught up with most guys my age.

I would date a girl in my situation, but I'm not sure if any girl would date a guy in mine.

Most Helpful Girl

• Its really annoying when you have a car but date someone without. I've dated guys without cars and I always had to drive them around and meet them at their house, drive them to work, drive them to a dinner date, etc. Its really just a lot harder for a guy to be independent without a car, even just buying groceries is a huge hassle. But not totally undateable, especially for a girl who also doesn't have a car.

Yeah, I totally see your point. I do have a bike and public transportation, and I'd be willing to go the extra mile to make it 50-50. And I'd pay for half of the gas if we go out in her car.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, he is undateable. But only for gold diggers and other self-centred materialistic women. Sensible women wouldn't have problems dating you! :)

What Girls Said 6

• No not really. I just don't want to date!

• I would date you, you seem to have valid reasons for living at home and your saving up for car not that it matter if you have a car or not. However if you were a 24 year old living at home with no job no career plan at all I wouldn't date you.

• I live in London where having a car is silly. It's practically impossible to get on the property ladder here too. You seem driven and lovely, you're not wholly undateable. You seem like a good catch

• Nope. My ex of 4 years lacked both but we made it work for awhile

• No, he is partially undateable

• Not a deal breaker to me. You're working and you're in school. That's great. You're saving up for a car. Also great. You have your license. Great again. lol
    It's really not as bad as u think it is. Plus there's a lot of college students living at home with their parents (Example : me) but it's smart financial wise so I wouldn't worry about it.

What Guys Said 2

• i think its a turn off

• Not uncommon for students. If you're dating other students shouldn't be a huge deal.