Is it hard to date a girl that doesn't know or believe when you tell her she's beautiful?

Most Helpful Guy

• Is she really 'unsure' about how beautiful she is, or is she just wanting to know how much you like her? Been with both, and the insecure ones are a little more challenging, but not impossible!!
    Ultimately, she REALLY wants that TRUST, and LOVE, but somewhere along the line, she got hurt, and doesn't trust.
    Start with building the trust, and eventually she will come around, and believe!!
    She has to TRUST YOU, and YOU NEED TO BE TRUSTWORTHY!!!

Insecure for sure

Would you be opposed to sending me a private message, and discussing this between us, so the whole world isn't watching? I think I can give you some advice that you will be able to use.

Done

What Guys Said 12

• Not if you ask One Direction

"Oh, oh,
    You don't know you're beautiful,
    Oh, oh,
    That's what makes you beautiful"

But it's total bullcrap if you ask me. People with insecurities often imagine problems in their heads because they think their partner would cheat.

That is true. Don't know how to overcome it

I think you might overcome it with the help of a patient partner. Someone who understands whats bothering you and someone who will let you go through his phone, fb, etc, just to show you that there's nothing to be afraid of.

That sounds overbearing but also very true

• Yes it is hard, because oft more than not, no matter what you say or how often you say it, the girl won't believe you and that can become offensive over time, especially if the guy is speaking from the heart and not just saying the words to see where they splatter.

Now
      It's an issue I've always had. I can get attention from the guys that every girl wants and I always think why me? I'm not gonna sleep with you. There's model looking girls that want you and I'm definitely not that...
      And then if they say you're beautiful or pretty I think they're saying what they need to, to get laid
      Reply

As frustrating as it may appear, what you’re experiencing is not uncommon, and to a certain point, it is a display of how attractive you actually are, because of the attention you are getting, even when you don’t give the sexual vibe off that this is what you’re seeking for guys around you.

It is understandable for you to feel somewhat jaded and cynical in your view of what’s going on around you. I get it, I really do, because I have witness similar events with others and experienced it somewhat myself, but in life, you’re always going to have to deal with those individuals who will try and pressure you or manipulate you to get what they want, but just because they’re being immature and for lack of a better word---idiots---doesn’t mean you have to let their behavior dictate how you’re going to view the world around you.

It’s okay to be guarded, just try not to take it to an extreme. You should allow yourself to be at least open to the possibility that the boy paying you a compliment, genuinely means what he’s saying.

• Definitely I tried to flirt with my friend so I could date her but when ever I complimented her she took it as an insult. So I was destroying our friendship because she was so insecure. I finally just asked her on a coffee date and she explained why she was so pissed at me. Needless to say that was our only date. But were still good friends though I do have to remind her that the guy is telling the truth when he calls her lovely. She is not bad looking either she just has a terrible self image.

That's what happens with my guy friends that I actually trust they tell me and then say I have a great personality which I do believe the image is my problem

Maybe lol but she would've only wondered why you never ever mention her appearance

I did a few times but unless she shows it. I don't really remember to compliment her on her mind. What are some compliments that you would like to hear that compliment your mind?

• Yes. Yes it is. After a point it just becomes tiresome. Women don't want men who are unconfident and have loads of insecurities - while men are slightly more lenient on this one but we have a limit too. A girl who always rejects compliments will become hard to deal with at some point.

Now
      Reply

• Difficult but not impossible. I get told by others that I'm handsome. I just say "thank you" and move on. Some of the time I believe it, sometimes I don't. I've been told that I've gotten glances / "a once over" by very attractive gals so I just keep reminding myself of that.

I get that from very attractive guys but when I look in s mirror I think "why"

I know what you mean. Can you PM me? I want to ask a few questions.

Yes lol

• Ugly duckling syndrome, or she thinks the guy is just using some cheesy line.

Syndrome 😂😂

• A little bit cause you always tell her that but she doesn't believe you but the one time you say she looks just a little fat or doesn't look good, she'll never forget.

Because it's what she really thinks

• It can be tiring.

• Pretty soon, he's going to stop telling you because he'll be tired of trying to convince you, it's got to come from within

• I hate girls who are like this.

We hate being like this

Why are you like that then?

Now

• At some point it gets a little old. She needs to believe at some point

But I mean, you're talking about guys you haven't begun dating. What if the guy you get in an exclusive relationship tells you that? Do you believe him?

To an extent but usually no. Rarely make it to relationship

• Yep it means she has confidence issue

Think that stems from the fact that she's rarely approached?

What Girls Said 3

• Having been that girl, yes. It's basically telling the person you love that you don't believe them, you don't trust their judgement, and that they are a liar. That's a pretty shitty way to treat someone you are supposed to love and trust. Being massively insecure like that damages relationships. Trust me, I've dealt with that drama and am quite happy that I learned to not let it destroy me anymore.

How'd you overcome it?

Now

Soooo much this!

• Nope but... It can be annoying when she refuses to accept a compliment.

• Yes. It's very frustrating.

Why and what should she do to change her thinking

Make a list of all the postive thing about yourself... read it every day.