My boyfriend wants to know where I live, but I don't want to tell him. What should I do?

I know it's probably normal for couples to know where they both live especially if it's been quite a while. It's been 7 months, and I still haven't told him. I know where he lives, i knew where he lived since the first month; I have his house code and everything too because he says he trusts me.

I know I'm being stubborn and rude.. but the reason why I don't want to invite him is because he lives in a huge house, his bed is huge covers his entire room, he has massaging machines, and everything. I don't even live in a house, I live in a two-bedroom apartment. It's loud because my parents are always arguing, furniture is tacky, and it smells because of my cat's litterbox. My dad is university educated and everything, but he puts in no effort to even buy a house- reason why they argue. I feel so poor and i can't do anything about it.

He says it's embarassing when his parents and cousins always ask him where i live, and he has to tell them that he doesn't know. I understand that from his perspective and that it's been a long time and it's only fair if he knows about it.

My mom said that guys and girls want to know more about the person's financial status before marrying or commiting. i don't want to embarass him but he really put in a lot of effort for our relationship, i don't want to let him down. I want to stay with him but i think my parents and my house will scare him off.

Most Helpful Guy

• After 7 months, you have not developed any trust in him. Have you had that problem in previous relationships?

Most Helpful Girl

• You should tell him no matter what. If he really likes you, I doubt he will be scared off.

What Guys Said 2

• I disagree with your mother. That might be what SHE would want to know but not the majority. Just tell him your fears but I don't think it'll be any problem. It wouldn't matter to me where or what she lived in

• I'd say fake it.

What Girls Said 0