Dating someone with kids?

I recently met someone new, we have a ton in common and he treats me really great. I'm 24 and he's 31, but the age doesn't bother me at all. He has 2 boys who I haven't met yet, I'm not opposed to him having kids, it just makes me nervous because I've never thought of myself being that good with kids or having any anytime soon. Anyone else been in a situation like this? Should I just keep an open mind as I've never been in this situation or should I stop seeing him altogether?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's up to you. They're not your kids.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm actually in this exact situation, never had/wanted/ thought of having kids, except we're a bit younger and he's my best friend. He's 23 and I'm 20, I've been his best friend for six years and he has two children as well. A boy and a girl.
    I'll warn you now if you're the jealous type this will be tough. Being as the mother will always have a place in his life, regardless of their relationship. But if you genuinely like/love the guy keep an open mind and an open heart. When you meet the kids don't put on heirs and act like they owe you respect, I let his children call me whatever they want ( being as they're young). Trust me though, kids have a way of wrapping you around their little fingers and never letting go. If you're too uncomfortable to meet them don't be afraid to tell him I put off meeting the step kids for at least 2 weeks. It's okay to let your partner know your boundaries, but just know they are and always be a huge chunk, if not his whole, life. So you will have to meet them eventually.

What Guys Said 1

• As soon as I find out someone has kids, I go the other way. No interest in dating a single parent.

What Girls Said 1

• If you can't handle kids, or don't see yourself being a mother of two/ taking responsibility of the kids, then it is best to end it.