How long should I wait for a guy to text me back?

After how many days of not hearing from him should I move on?

Most Helpful Guy

• A day has 24 hours, if someone whose interested in you doesn't text you within the next 5 -10 hours then it would then they definitely would with ink the next 5-10 hours, compared to someone who has no interest in you and won't message you back because you are not a priority.

Most Helpful Girl

• If it has been a Month of Mondays... Move on.
    However, if he is this Bad Text Tom who only Pushes a button in a once in a Blue Moon, then either Accept him for What he is, which is not Serious.
    Either Leave him in your List of Contacts or Delete his Name all the Same, that is, if he even does Make an Effort to Text.
    Good luck and No Sending right now. xx

What Guys Said 8

• If I were you I wouldn't fret over it. Make sure that others are aware that you are on the market. If you initialized contact and he has dropped the ball then keep on going. If later on he picks the ball up and wants to continue the game then it's up to you at that point.

• 48 hours

• i´d say 3-4 days. you never know what´s going on around them.

• For me 1 day, could be different for others. Make sure he's not really busy or anything.

• 24 hours maximum? like a normal working human might see text messages at lunch breaks and can certainly text then. It's not rocket science. Most people overthink this. No one is truly too busy.

• It depends, maybe he's waiting for you to contact him..

• 1 day.

• 1 day

What Girls Said 12

• 1 day.

• 1 day, 2 tops. Then bye bye bye.

• Well text him and if he doesn't respond after a week delete his number

If he responds in a 5 day span, is that a bad sign?

yes, he said he was busy working off duty all week.

Seems like a legitimate reason, id let it slide

• It depends on you. How long do you wanna wait?

I've been waiting for 4 days...

should i wait a little longer? how many days?

maybe one more day

• I usually wait a day or two, then send a text.

• Day 1, 24 hours, unless there's a good reason, never over 24hrs...

• If he really was interested in you, he would of replied by now. He would of made time for it. People are constantly on their phones, and he can't even text you back? He's just not into you.

He usually replies back within seconds. However, he takes days to initiate new conversations. He also seems really interested in me when we talk in person and through text. We were also in the middle of making plans to go out, so I'm not sure what could be happening here...

• Give it a week... if a guy can't text u back in that amount of time I feel its time to move on.

Is him replying in a 5 day span a bad sign?

He could do better than that... everyone has cell phones with them. shouldn't take 5 days

• Need more details...
    Planning 1st date?
    How long have you known him?
    How many times have you two met?

We have known each other for 3 weeks. We met at the place I used to work at for the Summer. He normally replies within seconds, but sometimes it takes him days to reply in between messages. We were planning to go out on a date that he offered, but then he didn't text for 5 days until I texted him today. We eventually made plans to go out on a date. However, I'm not sure why it took him so long to get back to me. He said he was busy with work. Everyone says that he's probably not interested in me if he's taking days to text me back. But, then why would he agree to go out with me if he's not interested?

sent it to your other question...

I accidentally blocked you in the other question. You were right. I was such a fool. I can't even begin to explain how stupid I feel right now. He told me that "because of work and the bs at work, getting to know you isn't a possibility right now." I just dont know why he would lead me on like that. I was so fascinated by him and his profession, that I overlooked all of these things that you mentioned. I just don't know why I can't meet anyone who would take me seriously. It's not the first time someone has led me on like this before. I seriously wish I never existed :(

• 1 day. If a guy really likes you and is interested, he doesn't play mind games. You will just know that he is interested in you.

• a couple of days if he doesn't text back it does not mean you have to move on maybe he is just busy or forget to reply.

what should I do? and how many days should i wait?

• After 1 day