What do you think about the woman going after the guy in the beginning stages of flirting?

Im wondering what people think about the woman going after the guy. For example: She approaches him, she texts him first, she asks him out. Instead of what society has taught us that "women shouldn't have to chase the men" or "if he really wanted to go after her, he would and she should just wait around".

Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm good with it. I'm an introvert and still getting over being shy.

Give me a clear cut sign like holding my hand when you don't need to or say something you don't have to like "I'm wondering who my boyfriend / s/o will end up looking like or being.

http://www.match.com/magazine/article/11567/

Most Helpful Girl

• Nothing wrong with that but give him a chance to take the initiative next. If you're only the one who keep texting him most likely he doesn't like you that much. Screw society, i will chase them if i feel like i should...

What Guys Said 4

• The last girl I went out with asked me out. she went so far as to do it in the middle of a huge rush at the store we worked at, Pretty much everyone I worked with heard it right then and there. I liked it in all honesty, I was going to ask her out but she beat me to it and she let me know how seriously she wanted to go o a date.

• I'd much prefer it if this were to happen.
    When men are "expected" to be the ones to go after women it just shows that she actually IS into you when she does it. It means you don't have to worry about playing games and how long you should wait before texting them back

• That would be fine, even awesome. It is certainly better than trying to figure out signals and never understanding them

• Honestly there is really nothing wrong with it and I think if you wait around for something to happen it might never. For example if my girlfriend hadn't made the first move we probably would not be together right now. We were just casual acquaintances before that and I wasn't even considering her as an option.

What Girls Said 1

• There's nothing wrong with the woman taking the initiative.