Help!!! Why does this guy I'm seeing make sure I have all of my stuff before I go home from his place like I could never leave anything there,, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably doesn't want you to think that you're moving in.

Or, depending on how the laws are in your area, he's making sure that you can't pull some bullshit of saying you're "common law married" and take half of his life.

Or maybe he just wants to make sure you don't forget something you might need.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because maybe his last girl left a bunch of useless junk at his place when they broke up and he doesn't want to deal with it ever again or maybe he simply doesn't want your stuff sitting around with no where to go! :)

What Guys Said 6

• He doesn't want you to think you have a relationship.

Why would I think that?
      Does that mean he's not ready to be in one?

I don't think so because 1) You broken up once 2) although you're sort of together he's making a strong effort to keep it superficial.

So because he's keeping it superficial its just not going to work out?
      What does that even mean?

• Doesn't want the other women to find your stuff...

He's not seeing anyone else

He has told me he's not seeing anyone and I kinda was he's prior girlfriend.

I'd take it as sign he doesn't want committed girlfriend (e. g. the stress of relationship), he only wants the easy stuff. sex is easy, feels good, no stress (or should be).
      But what are you doing though... messing around with someone who isn't emotionally there for you or relationship wasn't good, but sex worked?

• if your stuff is left there and he hooks up with other girls they will see your stuff and start asking questions.

He doesn't see anyone else and by the way I think I have hair ties there

We'll can't some other verbal communication tell without being so straightforward?

yeah probably, but i can't help you with that. i am not good at being subtle, i can only be straight forward.

• Maybe to make sure you don't have to pay for traveling back to his house, only to get your forgotten stuff.

But it's not a far drive

I would hope he would think of me anyways

Male friends think of you girls a lot

• He doesn't want you to think things will go beyond sex. He doesn't want anything serious with you only sex.

Then why even take me out on a date because he recently did

Be in denial all you want. All the signs lead to it you just refuse to see them. 90% of the people here are telling you he's using you. Your feelings for him is clouding your judgement. The only reason to not want anything of yours there is because he brings other girls there. If you didn't think that the behavior was odd you wouldn't be asking for advice. He's playing you. Either move on or continue to be played. Bye now

He was never like that. I do have like hair ties and clips there and he will admit I do. He never gets mad at me if I do leave something there either.
      Wouldn't a guy that wants to bring other girls around get mad?

• How often do you see him? Maybe he is married or he just doesn't want you to have an excuse to come over for no reason

he's not married, we see each other whenever we can

Oh ok , so he has plans at least that may include you someday so I guess time will tell

How do we know they will include me

What Girls Said 8

• Look, I hate to tell you this, but... You are not his girlfriend, and he doesn't want you to be his girlfriend.

He keeps seeing you because he gets laid that way. And because he doesn't think you're crazy, and he doesn't hate yr company (although he's not inspired to pursue a deeper relationship with you).

You are... a friend with benefits.
    The most literal, basic definition of friend with benefits. That's what you are, to him.
    And absolutely nothing more.

Most importantly, he keeps seeing you because... well, because he CAN. Because YOU LET HIM keep seeing you, even though you can't even so much as leave a fucking toothbrush, or a pack of pads, over there.

__

The reason he makes you take everything with you, every single time, is that he *could* meet a girl with whom he DOES want a relationship.

And... if he meets that girl, and brings her home, he wants to make sure there's ZERO chance she'll think of him as anything other than single and available for her.

Also... If he meets that girl, you will basically never hear from him again.

He recently just took me on a date where he paid for it all, was a total gentlemen, and told me how much of a good time he had.

That doesn't tell me what the sigh would mean?

The answer to every single question you could possibly ask from now on is "You need to sit him down and talk about this until you get concrete answers."

• Either you're the side chick or he's super concerned about you keeping up with your stuff.

• are you sure he's not just making sure you don't forget anything?

• He doesn't want you to get too comfortable there, or he might be having other women over and doesn't wanna leave any evidence that he's with another girl

• Because he doesn't want your shit in his house. The end.

• sounds suspicious.. is he on his phone a lot when you guys are together?

No he's never on the phone

• Hate to tell you this, but ur being played

• Red flag, he has a girlfriend and you are either the side chick or one of many hookups

No sides leading to that