What to do about it:
1. Build up your economic value and maintain / improve your physical shape. Don't compete against others--that will just bring you down and make you miserable--just compete against *yourself*. I hope that makes sense.
Believe it or not, by the time you are 30, if you:
--are unmarried without kids,
--with a stable and reasonably well paying job,
--in reasonably decent physical shape,
--with no criminal record, and
--you own a home of your own, even a modest one,
You WILL be desirable, as the women start realizing their partying days are over and they need a real guy as spouse material.
2. Try an older "Cougar" divorcee, who wants to "get her groove back". She might just be the one to break you in. Your initial lack of game in such a situation will be non-threatening, and therefore downright appealing, to an older divorcee. And by interactions of this nature, you will get "game". And then, by the time you are the age of the Cougars yourself, you may even be trolling for younger babes! Or you may have already found someone and settled in. The point is, you never know until you actually try.
3. Try putting out a personals ad online. You can meet people from the privacy of your home, then call them up, then meet. If it does not work out, no bad repercussions, unlike school or work. Avoid public situations where asking them out leads to humiliation and failure. Avoid noisy dance clubs where you can't actually talk to them. Like me, I am betting you cannot dance without looking foolish, and slam dancing in the mosh pits does not count (am I revealing my age here? So be it).
4. As above, Pour yourself into school / work. Make more money and/or build up skills to make more money. Or if you find an academic interest that excites you, go for it. This is always good.
5. Exercise. You are already doing this, but you say you have no results? Even if utterly non-sporting, it is good just to hike, bike, or lift weights. Don't compete against anyone--that will make you feel worse--just compete against yourself.
6. Look into antidepressant meds. They can really help in some cases.
7. Done enough of the above? Then develop an interest that takes you someplace you haven't been. Ever skied down a mountain? Scuba dived under the water? Backpacked or camped out in pretty places to get away from it all for a few days or even weeks?