A silly idea, or nice?

I wrote my boyfriend a letter listing reasons why I love him. I know I could have just told him, or even sent him a text. 😅 But I wanted to make it special... we have been together for 7 months.

But was that just a silly/immature thing to do? Do people do that anymore? I feel kinda embarressed. 😶 If I got one I'd be ecstatic, but maybe little things like that don't mean much to others?

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to write a freaking long ass letter to my ex every Christmas stating all cute little things he done for me, things I appreciate/like about him.
    It's cute. But is your guy really into you and being super sweet nice boyfriend? Because if he not it might freak him out and push him away.
    If he's a good guy, sweet and nice, he's so into you right now, then he will appreciate it and think it's cute.
    If it's still early stage where you two still getting to know each other more, he might feel too much.. I don't know any details on your relationship so whatever you feels like I guess.

What Guys Said 9

• No, that was not at all silly, it was not at all immature. I think that's very romantic of you to do that. You have no reason to feel embarrassed.

• It's a great idea. The more personal you make it, the more special it become from the receiving end.

Some dude don't like it tho, because it pressure them to do something nice of equal value/effort back.

• How did he react? Some guys are not used to getting compliments, so don't really know how to respond.

I think if it happened to me, I would act a bit silly about it, because I have never really had any compliments like that. But deep down I would be really happy and touched by it. It just might take me a little while to work out how to let the girl know how much I appreciated it.

He sent me a photo message of him holding the envelope, and he asked "whats this?" I said it's a secret and he then opened it and seemed to really appreciate it. He put it on his wall actually, so I'm really happy xD

Thats good. There was no need to be embarrassed. And any time he sees that on the wall now it will give him a reason to smile.

• A beautiful thing to do. There's a good chance he'll keep it forever and he'll probably read it about a thousand times.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't ecstactic.

• I would've thought it was cute at the very least. So don't worry about it.

• When I was with my ex she gave me a box with all the reasons she liked me in it. It was such a lovely gift. I'm sure your boyfriend will love it he's very lucky

• This a the cute things that I like about girls

2 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 4

• its so cute aww

• that's romantic as fuck

• I do that to my girlfriend and she does the same thing. Not a silly idea

• I think that's lovely, you should give it to him :)