Guys, why do you only seem to like the popular basic girls?

I have a decent amount of friends and go to many social events and I'm in many clubs. But I dont understand why no one asks me out. The guys always just call me cute while they call the popular girls sexy and hot. You say you want a girl who is different and unique, but when it comes to it your kinda liking. Do guys even notice the other girls?

11

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they're usually more attractive but to tell you the truth I like cute girls more so I would ask you out without even thinking of it.

What Guys Said 10

• Mainstream anything is mainstream for a reason: it's what the majority likes. If your style or culture is outside the mainstream, then you probably aren't going to be as appealing to that mainstream.

Of course, there are often sub-cultures who ARE attracted to non-mainstream styles, so assuming you aren't looking to change, you might prefer to hang around others who appreciate your style.

Thanks I do. And my style is fairly mainstream but I'm just not as know around the school as others are.

• In my view, guys will only like popular girls only if they have an excellent personality as well, otherwise they would go for just a pretty girl with excellent personality.

• guys notice most girls but the problem is guys risk rejection way more than a girl can, and girls dont notice us, therefore most guys dont and will never approach a girl and ask her out, most guys prefer and expect the girl to approach and ask, because its always been the girl who decides on who she wants when she wants, guys dont have that luxury, and plus when a guy calls a girl cute/hot/sexy etc that should be enough of a sign for a girl to make her move and ask him out. plus girls who are over social and have too many friends tend to not have the time and simply dont care about guys.

• It depends, if the guy is only looking for sex then he won't notice you if you are not easy to get, so at clubs you won't see many decent guys, and it more common to see people only looking for sex there

• This happens to guys too. I suppose there are certain types of people that are more popular

• That's pretty vague.

If you're killing Chess Club, Science Club, Debate/Forensics, it's a different crowd than Football players. In twenty years, it's also a different income range.

What I was saying was that even guys from chess club, Science club etc. Seem to date the basic girls as well.

• I don't care about popular women. I like simple, plain, intelligent women.

• 3.5 billion guys like basic girls? That seems about right 😀

• As a 17 year old girl, I can say for sure that you are noticed.

It may be that the guys you know that are well practiced at asking girls out prefer to pursue other girls. There are very likely guys that would be more than happy to go on a date with you, but just aren't so good at asking.

So find a single guy you like, and talk to him. Give him heavy hints you'd like to spend some time with him. Give him some time to make a move. If that doesn't work, ask him if he's free to go to a cafe or whatever at a particular time.

Thanks that was good advice. Maybe your right. That made my day 😊

• Yeah, why do girls like the popular basic guys?