Is confidence the main key when trying to talk to women?

Should I just go up to a women I find attractive and just start talking to her? I've never approach any women in any setting and have always been afraid of rejection or what they might think of me. I feel what I probably lack is confidence but have a hard time getting it to make the step. I've never really had a girlfriend or been a relationship and it is starting to really get to me mentally. I am I holding myself back?

Most Helpful Girl

• It will help, but if I'm not interested in you, I'm not going to date you just because you are confident.

Most Helpful Guy

• Confidence is one of many different keys to use and at different times. I do you are holding yourself back, but truth is bro... rejection is going to happen, accept it BUT do not give up. What didn't work for one girl will work for another, there's many different girls out there, the possibilities are almost endless. Just don't be hard on yourself when it doesn't happen and learn to let it go and PLEASE don't be mad at the girl if she isn't feeling your vibe. People have their own tastes, wants and preferences. Just chalk it up to the game and move on the next cutie. Hope this helps bro! Stay Up!

What Girls Said 1

• If you think you can strike up a conversation. It's not just confidence its being a bit more relaxed. But sometimes overly relaxed guys who easily hit on people come off as lounge lizards or creepy. If you're a little nervous it is ok. The other person might be too or might also be shy. If you do approach think of it as a possibility to at least make a new friend and not immediately pressure for sex. Some will take it but if you read the woman wrong the slower approach of "want to catch a coffee" is better. Especially if you run into the woman more than once. Also sitting there you can probably people watch a little and get a feel for the person and their interactions or lack of them.

What Guys Said 4

• Do not go up to any girl and ask her out

Find out more about her and become friendly

Orrrr online dating so that you can at least learn how to act around woman... HOW ARE YOU 25-29 AND A RELATIONSHIP VIRGIN

I'm not even handsome and I had to reject date requests till I turned 16

Dude try dating online first you obviously have some sort of social anxiety. I really hope things work out for you!

• Move with purpose. Don't just start talking to her, that sounds like the worst idea ever. If she serves a purpose in your life, then go get her. Otherwise, go figure out your life's purpose.

• Confidence is key. You can never feel comfortable without confidence and you can't feel undaunted without comfortability.

• Just approach for the sake of approaching; don't worry about the outcome.