When to say you love someone?

Is there ever a right time? Or do you just go for it?
My reason for asking is that I went out with my ex today. We broke up a few weeks ago, I haven't seen him since. Yet, sitting there with him, I had this strong realization that I loved him and didn't want to be without him again. A part of me feels like I shouldn't. I mean, the reason we broke up couldn't have possibly changed in short time. Also, I've grown up with this stigma that guys are supposed to make those kinds of first moves. But I'm not sure love is where his head is at. Should I just tell him how I feel, wait for a "right time", or just keep it a secret to avoid embarrassing myself? Opinions are greatly appreciated.

What Guys Said 2

• When you love someone, you need to know they are in a position of being able to love you back. If you want to tell your ex that you love him, then you're not putting either of you into a good position. You'd want to tell someone you love someone you know you can also be with. So for you, I would say you should get back into a relationship and when you feel he has similar feelings, then you can tell him. In general, I would say after dating someone at least after two months.

Thanks for your opinion. Our situation really sucks bc the feelings are there for both of us, but he's started a new job and it's so consuming, so he had no time for me. My thing is, I fully believe that if someone really matters, you make time for them. He sure as hell makes time to be with his friends everyday. I just don't think his heart is really in it and it'd be a waste to say how I feel.

• When u want to. But be aware that they don't have to love u back. Bam.

What Girls Said 1

• You should tell him when you feel you can no longer keep it inside.