Why do single pregnant women have it so difficult finding good men?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Really? You don't get it?

- They're pregnant. A lot of guys don't really feel like dealing with a woman's pregnancy, especially when they just got to know her/barely even know her. A lot of responsibility. Puts a lot of pressure on them.
    - They're about to have kids. A lot of younger guys aren't ready to deal with kids, especially when the kid isn't even their own. Again, a lot of responsibility.

Dating is supposed to be fun, relaxing, not about commitment straight away. If/when you bring pregnancy and babies into the picture, it immediately puts a lot of pressure on the guy. Especially if he's not ready for that yet. And a lot of guys are not into the idea of raising another guy's kid, or being there for the kid for a while but then having to leave if/when the relationship doesn't work out. That's clearly not fair to the kid.
    So yeah. Lots of unwanted responsibilities and pressure.

So what makes it ok for men to skip on women they got pregnant? And its suddenly a sin to expect a good man?

@Marinepilot eh, I wouldn't go as far as saying that a guy is stupid if he's up for dating a pregnant woman. Some guys really don't have much of a problem with kids and if he liked her enough, he probably wouldn't think it was a massive deal to help out. Wouldn't make him stupid. Just more ready than other guys.

We agree to disagree.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm invoking Poe's Law... which I guess means there's something seriously messed up about people's relationship expectations these days.

• Because good men won't usually date someone that just broke up with someone and is still pregnant, or in the case of if it was a one night stand pregnancy, that speaks for itself.

• Kids are a lot of work, and not many guys want to start a relationship knowing they may be putting the effort and resources into raising a kid that isn't theirs.

• If you're pregnant and single, then maybe the more important question for you to ask is what is a good man?

• because you are the easiest target on this planet besides single moms who can't handle it

those may be a little easier

but you're still close second

It's easy because as long as the guy sticks around after birth he pretty much guarantees that you won't leave him no matter what he does

• because they are pregnant -_-

• Crazy enough, I am in this situation right this moment. I met a woman at my job that works for a diff company, that I get to interact with a few nights a week with. We have been hitting it off, but I never thought to take it any further cause she is preggo. I found out that she is interested in me and the baby's father wanted nothing to do with her after he found out she was pregnant. It is abit too much for me to handle though, I think. That is skipping a lot of steps to get involved with her now.

NightWalkerJ-I'd would be her friend and all that entails. Nothing more. Why
      In the name of God would you want to get involved with a woman who is 1) Pregnant
      with another man's child and 2) Be an instant Papa to a child who isn't your, never has
      been and never will be? To me that's the very worse thing to settle for. And that's what
      you're doing is settling for much less than you deserve.

@Marinepilot yeah that's shitty of her to think that you're suddenly good enough now that she's got no options when she already told you that you weren't good enough.

@tyber1 Talked about being a beta simp.

• We don't want a woman who already has or is about to have a baby

• Why would a smart man would want a woman who is pregnant from other man?

• Well I'm at a point where i don't mind if a potential partner has a child, or is pregnant. If I were designing the perfect woman, no she wouldn't be pregnant, but it's not a huge deal really.

• They wonder if the father will be hanging around.

What Girls Said 13

• 5|5
  • Because men don't want to raise another man's baby. They want a child of their own.

• Most people don't want to get into a long term, serious relationship with someone carrying someone else's baby that they're going to be expected to help raise.

• Because they're pregnant!
    Hopefully,,, this is a completely, hilariously obvious troll attempt.

Damn, are you seeing something in this which am not?

What in my question appears funny to you?

• Probably for the simple fact that is asking a hell of a lot in expecting a guy to take on the responsibles of another guys child.

• Some guys don't want an already made family or take on another man's responsibility.

• Uhm... Because they're pregnant?

• Because you are pregnant with another man's baby. Just focus on your pregnancy right now

• Because men who want to settle down are looking for nice women , not nice pregnant women

• because it would be like dating two parasitic creatures inside of one another

• Because men are selfish and don't want responsibilities

• good men are rare nowadays LOL

• The same reason why they couldn't find a good man when they weren't pregnant and single. You got knocked up and look where you're at now.