Would you prefer an ugly guy?

I am ugly, and I've never been with a girl. I am wondering if a girl would be with a guy dying from ugliness. I look just like a donkey. I think any girl doesn't want to be my girlfriend because of my face. Would you prefer an ugly guy to be your boyfriend?

3mo By the way, I am 23

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Unfortunately women always prefer good looking men. In fact the entire concept of a man being good looking is created out of women preferring those men. If you are ugly then you are doomed. You'll either remain single or maybe find a girl to settle for you when she has no other options but she'll never truly like you.

That's the answer I'm looking for. Those bi*ches are lying all the time. Personality , character bla bla. Handsome man always be the first choice of them.

Yeah, listening to women is usually a bad idea. If you can't find any women that find you attractive then escorts might be a good idea, it won't completely solve your problems but at least you'll get to experience some of what other people do. I warn you it gets expensive though, it's where all my money goes lol.

What Girls Said 16

• Women tend to not prefer people who feel down on themselves. You also aren't ugly in my opinion.

I suggest just working on yourself as a person and concerning yourself with more important things. Girls are attracted to self-sufficient, confident people in most cases.

I'm self-sufficient. But not confident. Confidence is a huge lie. I can do this I can do that bla bla. I'm aware what I can do and what I can't do. That is not non-confident. Just awareness.

My brother got 400+ girls (in bed). When I asked for his secret , he said " It's so easy, I'm not ugly like you". I have witnessed 40+ girls coming to my brother and ask him out. Did they know him? no. Did they know his feelings , his emotions , his thoughts? No. Just attracted from his appearance.

Those are casual hookup situations, where yes, women are likely to be a hell of a lot more shallow. But fucking 400 women who only care about you for your looks is hardly meaningful.

I mean, unless sex is all that matters to you I suppose.

• girls prefer a non depressed guy 😒 I don't think your looks are the problem your personality IS
    my friends tell me I'm ugly too but mostly bc I can be a bitch sometimes
    you may even do things you don't realise you're doing when you're around girls so pay attention to that and try to act like your friends and you'll see results
    also don't wait for a girl to ask you out you loser, we can smell desperation and that's a turn off even if you look good so talk to them and ask for their numbers

ok, give me your number

I experience the same thing myself. Girls say someone would date me, but never actually want to themselves, so I don't see why they assume other girls would want to.

@19MK34 i'm not sure it's the same thing this "honorable" guy is now demanding for other girls on this thread to give them their number wtf @UglyButHonorable do i really need to telll you that you have to meet a girl IN REAL LIFE have a nice chat (try acting like your "friends"/brother do) and before you have to leave either ask her number or give her yours

• Okay well for one, you're not ugly. Two, girls prefer "ugly" guys over guys who lack self confidence (I am aware of my own hypocrisy, even though you don't know me. I felt the need to point that out.). I've seen actual ugly guys get beautiful girlfriends because they're funny, smart, and CONFIDENT. You are not ugly, you should build your self esteem before getting into a relationship.(Again irony alert) I promise you once you fix your self esteem you will find it's much easier finding potential girlfriend.

My problem is not confidence. I just want a girl to ask me out. Because I can't because of my job. Plus, what is confidence? that sounds more like a lie. I'm just aware of my face. I'm ugly and I know it. That is not non-confident. Just awareness.

May I ask why you think you're ugly? Follow up question, did someone call you ugly or something?

In the mid scholl. A girl infront of me was turning back to me and say " you can't be a nail of your brother,"Turning back again and say " You can't be a hair of your brother". That's a turkish idiom it means you won't be as goog as your brother. You cannot be a hair of him. You know what I mean? Besides that girl , my brother told me that i am ugly. My friends always told me that i was ugly. So these people don't know each other and all of them think that I am ugly. How could I not believe them? If People ( not knowing eachother) say that you're ugly and your sister is beautiful. And this goes on 23 years. You would think just like me.

• Stop thinking you are ugly and others will too. Your perception becomes the reality. Change your perception.

• lol you aren't ugly wtf

• You aren't ugly. Actually, you are way far from ugly. I think you're good looking, but that's just my opinion, I know you won't agree with me on that, lol. Judging by how you look, believe me, girls would still date you. Anyway, it's the personality that counts more, most people prefer personality over looks.

• Dude. You're not ugly. You seem average to me.

And please STOP asking girls for their number. That is considered spamming and against GaG posting rules ✌

• Lol wth I hope you're trolling

• I don't prefer guys who think low of themselves

I don't speak these on real life. On social media I'm more free. Noone knows that I think I'm ugly in my university or my friends don't know what I think about my appearance.

Give me your number

Those are some shitty friends

• well I'm looking at your picture and Your not ugly to me. You just need to have more confidence in yourself, tell yourself that you are beautiful inside and out.

• Prefer is a strange word to use.

Let's say "Love" instead of "prefer"

Yes , but both my look and my personality are the problem. Because noone is looking like me. And I have my own face type. It's none of my business if other ugly guys got girlfriend. Did I get a girlfriend? No. That's my business.

Everyone has their own facetype, you aren't some special little snowflake. If you're both ugly and have a shitty personality, why on earth would a girl be with you? Would you want to be with you?

• Is that you in your profile pic?

• No , people have different ideas of beauty

But it is not like that. Put David Beckham to my side and say which one is handsome? I have some friends who are hanging with 5 girls at one time. But no one looks at me. Because i am ugly

Whatever I'm trying that asking for number thing. Give me your number?

I'm 15 it won't work well on minors. I mean don't do it in public where every other girl sees, use common sense

• I know some yes because like this nobody will try to take their boyfriend away from her

Give me your number

haha why? I said my friends not me XD
      I can be really possessive and jealous but I don't date ugly guys. instead you should ask my friends number

• Hey start loving yourself a little bit more and other people will too. Don't bring yourself down because you are not ugly at all. You're lying to yourself when you say you are ugly. It's just your attitude that you need to work on. Because if all you think is negative you will receive a negative outcome. You're the same guy that posted a negative comment on my question which probably means you are insecure. If you develop your character a little more and stand proud of who you are you will attract people. Good looks don't matter when someone's personality is bad , just saying.

OK. You're right. But you're still ugly

To tell you the truth not all girls are the same. There are some girls who just love a guy for their looks (physical appearance) . There are some girls who love a guy for their personality (emotionally attracted) ... There are some girls who like both physical and emotional...
      Looks are not always a key factor as to why you should date someone.
      Why? Because looks don't last but a good heart does
      In my opinion you are attractive but if you just worked more on your personality everything will go well.
      Just so you know it depends on the type of girl you find attractive whether it's physically or emotionally

I'm not looking for a girl. What happens even if I find what I'm looking for? The girl should ask me to go out. I believe that I am ugly. Because of that , I couldn't go to a girl and ask "Hey you wanna go out with me? ". Untill a girl comes and asks me, I'm passive.

• I don't think you're ugly, but it is true that I wouldn't mind dating a less attractive guy since I've come to realise less attractive guys are normally more caring and generous, especially in bed, I don't know if it's because they believe I'm out of their league so they try harder to keep me by their side

Just admit, OK? Just admit the truth that no girl would fall in love with me. Don't make up stories please. Don't push your self not to upset me.

Well Im not lying, but it's up to you to believe me or not

I don't believe you. Sorry. Because everygirl is interested in physical appereance.

What Guys Said 11

• If this isn't an act, cut it out. It's weak kind of bullshit for a guy. I am almost certain your bigger obstacle to attracting females is this weakness, not your looks.

In terms of your looks, I would say you fit the necessary range to attract a large number of girls out there. You don't have to look like David Beckham to get your foot in the door and let other qualities like charm, humor, confidence, independence take the lead. I've seen this plenty enough times with guys who look much worse than you do plop themselves next to a pretty girl and charm the hell out of her.

But they weren't these weak type of guys who had an ugly duckling complex. They were guys who didn't give a damn.

So try not to give a damn. Don't overestimate your personality but also don't underestimate your looks. Qualities like being honorable and loyal don't count for shit if you can't get your foot in the door. Those are great boyfriend qualities but are worthless if you never get the chance to be a boyfriend because this weakness (not your looks) is getting in the way.

Try to be more comfortable around girls and don't want them too much. Be confident, find your angle to be really charming to a range of women. It might be humor, suave, whatever. You might clean up some of your neck beard and pay attention to fashion. You have qualities about your face that look very sharp and dressed and groomed accordingly, might actually really win you over with a female audience. Mostly try to lose that whole "I'm ugly but honorable" shit.

You said "If this isn't an act, cut it out. It's weak kind of bullshit for a guy. I am almost certain your bigger obstacle to attracting females is this weakness, not your looks."
      1 ) Noone knows what I think about my appearance. I never say that I'm ugly in the university or to my friends , just in social media platforms.
      2) And I saw a lot of friend of mine , were humiliated by girls infront of everyone just because his appearance.
      3) Again, noone knows what I think about myself.
      4 ) These thoughts are coming from my look. I've never had the chance to be a boyfriend but honour is not just for boyfriends. I'm an organizer , I organise dance nights, rafting, trips to another city, parachute, skydiving, diving, etc. I earn my money from university students with these things. If I ask a girl out and refuses me, then everyone hear that and noone comes to my organisations. So I have a lot to lose besides my honor.
      5) That's just a nickname, I had to take my account and ask immediately.

>> So, In order not to lose my money income, I have to make a girl ask me out.

That's freaking hard! I don't know so many guys who could pull that off. It might help to work on that side and at least get enough to take a girl out on a date here and there (it doesn't have to be fancy, even a walk in the park can do the trick).

>> Lastly , I have never said ugly to myself infront of my friends [...]

It's your mind that needs the work. Ignore those shitty friends. The qualities that attract girls are far more subtle than what you blatantly say. It's how you act. Confidence comes from inside out. Try not to worry so much about what other people think, and don't let these insecurities get the better of you.

>> So this is why I'm asking would a girl ask an ugly guy to go out with her? Or do they just ask handsome guys?

Most girls just don't ask guys out. You have to be almost like a rock star to get girls to chase you. It's so much easier if you can start asking girls out yourself.

Then I'm gonna die alone :D

• Some compliment fishing going on here. So it's either narcissm or a legit case of severe social anxiety.

Hint: Girls dont like either of things.

Not compliment fishing. I really think I'm ugly. And I want a reasonable answer to my loneliness. I think the answer is : I'm ugly. And I believe girls don't love ugly guys. I don't have social anxiety. I'm organasing a lot of programs in my university. Dance nights , parachute, rafting, paintball etc.. I'm not a bad person. I help vulnerable people. I speak out loud. I have a leader soul. There is only one explanation to my loneliness, and that is me being ugly.

I don't know If I made myself clear to you. Compliments are lies. I'm not looking for compliments.

Body dysmorphia then. Look at the symptoms, either way id go seek professional help, because nobody here can help you with this.

www.nhs.uk/.../Introduction.aspx

You realise its not nornal to consider oneself ugly?

• You are not ugly you're just not confident, and no I am not lying, I don't lie to make others feel good

• You know why you never got a girl?

Because you labelled yourself "ugly " you treat people and live your life based on " I am ugly " you ignored MILLIONS of other traits that defines you as a person and held this one false trait " ugly " you won't ever find a girl with this mentality

And you're not ugly not just to make you feel better I don't know you to make you feel better

• A lot of complexful people here... lol

• You're not too ugly to have a girlfriend with average looks, you could easily get a 6 and with effort a 7. Of course you need some luck and you need to meet single girls.

• It depends dood some guys may say I'm ugly af but how do girls wanna approach me then? Easy catch I don't know so you suck at conversations as much as I do?

No I have 100+ girlfriends (jus friend). I don't struggle at speaking to a girl. But because I am ugly , I don't believe any girl would accept my offer.

Woo dood you have greater chances than me and if you look at me I am not far away from how you look and I can tell you as soon as I open my mouth they don't wanna have me in their bedroom anymore

• Hahahahahahaha at the username

• If your asking if I perfer Donald trump then no i don't lmfao😂😂😂

• I know some girls who prefer them because then they need less to fear about a break up and be kicked out of the house or cheat on them. But then many of them cheat on him...

You're absolutely right. You're absinthely right, And you're vodkaly right. I think just the same as you do.

Yes, allthough I prefer Bacardi ;)

• No girl wants to date a guy who is so depressed.