Guys, can you be as loyal as girls?

I'm not generalising.. it's just that I feel like once a girl really likes a guy, it's hard for her to think about anyone else while she's into that guy (at least that's the case with me) but for guys is it the same?

Suppose you really liked a girl and wanted her to be your girlfriend but nothing happened between you two because you were both shy.. will it be diffcult for the guy to forget this girl he really liked? Or will he move on easily?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course. I'm sure many would like to think that girls are naturally better but statistically it's about the same.

Regarding shy people. I think it's generally more difficult for guys to move on from a love interest. Supposedly they take about 10x longer to properly get over a partner some studies saying 3-4x others saying they never *really* get over a girl *completely.* I think this is going to have some correlation with crushes. Although you could argue that guys tend to put a lot of effort reigning themselves in and don't feel those affects unless they've fallen for a girl, not just like her aesthetically.

What Guys Said 15

• The thing about this is that girls think that girls are more loyal and guys think that guys are more loyal.

And from my personal experience guys are more loyal, I've never cheated in my life but I've been cheated on twice. The unfortunate truth is that people cheat, and it's not tied to your sex it's tied to what kind of a person you are.

• For me if I develop strong feelings for a girl, she will become the one and only for a good period of time. Loyalty won't be a struggle, I'll have no choice.

That said, as a caveat I usually need to do something very, very intimate with a girl to develop that level of feeling (usually sex).

I don't "crush". It takes a lot more for me to develop feelings for a girl that just exchanging some friendly conversations here and there and a lot on her part to show that wants me just as much as I want her.

When I was a young and desperate kind of teenager crushing on girls I did still crush in a loyal way. The girl became the one and only but it wasn't to the degree of strength where I'd be heartbroken for a year and still unable to develop feelings for any other girl. Disappointing crushes often left to an awkward and disappointing feeling for like a couple of weeks, but then I'd probably start crushing on someone else.

With more and more relationship experience, it usually takes more and more to fall in love. It's because with more experience, the less we value the fantasy of being intimate with someone and the more we value the actual experience of being intimate someone. So I worked myself all the way to the point of dating women where I needed to make love to a woman to fall in love with her.

In that case it probably depends on everyone how intense of a feeling they get. When I was a teenager I literally "married the girl in my dreams", and I was very shy back then around girls. I'd kind of pick the first girl who was pretty and friendly to me and make her my dream girl.

And I'd be very upset if she got a boyfriend or something, but it didn't take that long to move on. I guess, for me, I never really put that much hope or expectation into the crush working out.

I was devastated for a year once and heartbroken like a madman when things didn't work, but that was with a fiance who broke up with me when we were engaged to be married.

To me romantic love is always at least a little bit fantasy. It's building dreams and fantasies and imagining you two being together forever. How strong of a dream someone builds will vary by individual, experience, and how strongly they expect their dreams to come true.

When I was a teen I crushed hard and fixated very heavily on just one girl the whole time. Yet I wasn't so devastated when it didn't work out because there was a realistic side of me that kind of said, "Hey, we never even went on a date, never even kissed, what'd you expect?" So it was very disappointing but I got over disappointing crushes quite quickly.

• of course we can.

• Men are. Far more loyal than women

• It is the same for guys

• Yes, it's pretty much the same.

• Yup I am trustworthy, I can be loyal to a girl if she really likes me 😍

• Just as easy for guys to be loyal as girls.

Probably easier, to be honest.

• Men more loyal than women

• I know I can, can't speak for others.

• Yes of course. But I choose to be single for now.

• girls can you be less needy and bitchy all the time im not generalising
    women cheat just like men but the media focus is on men cheating

• Yes, it is common for guys to have a hard time getting over someone.

• Please all it takes is a rich guy for a woman to start second guessing things.

• Girls can be unloyal whores. Guys can be just as loyal as a girl.