Dating a younger man?

Are younger men interested in dating older women or do they only want to have sex with them, because of their experience? I would like to know, because there's a younger man that's interested in me and curious about what he's after. The man looks to be about 30 and I'm 39. Any help answering this question is appreciated, gentlemen, thanks.

14

Most Helpful Guy

• There are certainly younger men interested in dating older women. Ignore the whole ‘cougar’ concept and just take this into account; people will want what they are attracted to regardless of their age. My personal belief is individuals need to cease putting so much importance on age and age gap of relationships and focus more on what makes them happy. If you believe this younger man is interested in you and you like him as well, then by all means go about discovering his true intentions and see where the relationship might lead you.

I’ve dated older women in my lifetime, just as I’ve dated younger ones, also. It really just comes down to what you like realistically. Some will say they don’t like being with someone if the gap is too great or they just prefer to stay within their own age group, but be that as it may, again, if being with a younger guy is what does it for you and he’s not opposed to the match, then stay the course and follow your heart. In the end, you’re the one in charge of your happiness and what makes you content with life. Even if you get a lot of harsh criticism for your choices, don’t allow such pressures to deter you from what you want the most.

What Guys Said 13

• I have dated older women in the past. Hell when I was 18 I dated a 28 yr old lady.

Ultimately I found that they were normally much better at everything, emotional and physical.

Different strokes for different folks though. I would suggest a date or two with advanced knowledge that you were going to hold off on sex. This will allow you to determine his overall intentions.

Cheers

• I imagine guys are all over the map here.

As an unusual case, I have a female friend in her early 40s would married a guy who was only 19 when she met. He's now in his 20s, she's in her late 20s, and they miraculously had a child recently.

So it's at least possible for a younger guy to be interested in something much more with an older woman.

As for your specific guy, I don't know. What I'd suggest if you are interested is take him up on his offer but guard your heart a bit. Don't develop huge hopes or feelings too quickly for a commitment, even if you do sleep together (enjoy it anyway if you do) and see how it goes.

It's always a gamble no matter who you're with and no matter how old or young he is, and it's best to enjoy the experience instead of revolving the whole decision of whether to involve yourself based on the perceived probability of a commitment before you know anything much about the guy.

He's now in his 20s, she's in her late 20s [/40s] [...]

• There is no age limit on love. A lot men and women alike do this primarily because thier maturing and see greater maturity as a positive challenge to them. Accually a younger guy for you , nothing wrong with that. I did this my self she was 40s when I was18 . The best 12yrs in my life. now I have young

• that's not a younger man really...

I was thinking 20 to your forty XD

depends on if he's mature but there might be a chance of a relationship

don't know enough about the guy to assume

• I would suggest u not get involve in sex quickly. Give each other time. First u two consider ourselves buddies

• Some are and I say why not?

• I personally have been attracted to older women my entire dating/sex life. We can't obviously speak for him or his intentions, though. What attracts me to older women is the maturity that you mostly don't find in younger women. And the life experience goes a long way. I am attracted to the fact that usually, older women have different views on what is important in life vs younger women. And hopefully have got most of the wild partying out of the system by now, aswell. The knowledge in the bedroom goes a long way, also.

• You could be my side chick if you want to

• i wouldn't, i want kids and i m not ready to sette down yet. so, i want something in the late 20s range

• Have sex with him and find out.

• I think most men prefer older women, problem is, most older women don't prefer younger men

• Some do and some want to try having sex with an older woman, I only go for younger but not just for sex

• Well I would really love to date older mature women not only for sex but actually truly