Guys, when do you decide someone is trustworthy?

What are things you look out for before trusting a new girl/guy you're dating? When do you know its okay to let your guard down? What are red flags for you? Are there any behaviors that make you want to run away in the opposite direction? What makes you feel comfortable sharing your intimate thoughts and self when dating someone new?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it comes to intimate thoughts and vulnerabilities, it's just a matter of increments. I'll get to know her and try not to get dangerously invested for as long as possible. Big game changers are when she expresses very specific attitudes or ideas that I also hold, without questioning her about it, and also when she accepts me in a really vulnerable moment. It's a big deal when I'm convinced that she actually wants to take care of me and make things ok, but not feel entitled to time or resources from me later.

When she is genuinely interested and cares about how I feel, is totally accepting and unfazed if I feel bad, and wants to make me feel good and help me with whatever not because of any other reason than she cares.

I don't think I hit the nail on the head, but meh.

What Guys Said 6

• Trust is a very subjective thing that we often mix up with faith.

Trust has parameters while faith doesn't

Trust is subjective to situation, circumstances etc

Trust may be let down / broken intentionally or unintentionally. For those who say that I trust him/her blindly, I say it's like standing on a beach during low tide & expecting nothing to happen at high tide.

Wow, I've never thought of this.

Thank you for liking my opinion young lady :) <3

Well I keep my expectations realistic and minimal while accepting that everything evolves and changes with time this helps sail through most situations comfortably :) yes again, when one becomes the way I am, it's important to know that being only understanding to situations may well make a door mat out of you (lol) so one needs to know their own limitations and take action as and when required / warranted :)

You're welcome :)

• There's not really a point in time where I decide that. It's a general progression that starts when we first meet. The first date is usually more small talk or talk about things that aren't related to us and maybe after then if we've gotten closer to each other since, I'll start to open up more on a personal level. I don't have any red flags, but if she seems distant or moody it will turn me away. If she shows she genuinely cares and is interested in me I'll open up.

Yes, I agree. Taking your time is a great way to approach forming any kind of relationship, whether it be platonic or romantic.

• Flirting with other guys is a huge red falg
    If she is genuinely willing to give me attention only me and willing to put efforts then she is trust worthy

Thats a good point. And I find that many women who are dating someone already like to flirt with other guys because it feeds their ego that "oooooh I'm taken and another guy wants me", its childish.

Totally agree

• When the respond positively on a personal issue.

• I don't trust anyone really.

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• It's not a clear decision. It comes with time, chemistry and mutual understanding.