What would go through your mind if a girl asked you if you were interested in her?

Or if you would consider having a relationship with her? There's a guy I've been talking to for a couple of weeks now and I'm confused about how he feels about me, especially since he rescheduled a date we were supposed to go on Sunday evening. I eventually texted him back and asked "How do you feel about me? Are you interested in me? As in considering a relationship?"
I don't know if I made the right decision by doing this or if I just overreacted to his rescheduling of the date, but I want to know what you guys think. Did I scare him away? Please help!

Most Helpful Guy

• Funny you ask this, just now, as the 'new girl' at work just asked me something much like that!!
    We were in the break room, and she just looked at me, and smiled.
    "Do you like me?" she asked, and then BLUSHED, LIKE REALLY RED!!
    Ok, some back-story: I have been openly flirting with her, and talking with her, and not really interested in anything intimate, just curious, and LOVING to get any intimate details of how women think and feel!
    She seems to like my sarcasm, and she seems to get most of my jokes, and the double-entendre comments.
    I'm a bigger, 'Viking' kind of guy, so I just smiled, and came close, holding her with my arm around her waist.
    I said that I was looking forward to when she gained the usual 15 pounds, or so, that most new-hires gain, as we make a lot of donuts, and cakes and things.
    She just seems too fragile, too thin, and I am afraid that I might hurt her, if we were loving, just because she seems so small and frail, and I am I Viking!!
    She didn't really say anything, but she was smiling when she walked away, and she looked back, after a few steps, maybe to see if I was watching, and interested? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends if they are attracted on them or not.

What Guys Said 23

• If it was myself as the man, I would be flattered but that is just me, considering my lack of experience in even getting a successful first date, I might not be the best judge of situations. There is a lack of information as to how the conversations are going. Usually if someone is interested, the general thought is that they would respond immediately. Don't rule it out yet.

If i were you, I would call him and arrange a meeting in which you could discuss things a bit with him to get a better sense of the situation. Some guys are shy others are not.

It has been 3 hrs since I asked and no response.

• although you'd put me on the spot I'd know what you were saying and would re spend honestly

that being said
    interested or not it will still be awkward because even if he say he Likes you you have to admit it as well and then both of you have to determine what to do with that info

We've been talking to each other for a while and were planning to go out on a date, but he rescheduled. This made me think that he might not be so interested in me.

*things

Could it be that maybe he likes another girl?

• To be completely honest I would be confused in this situation. Because if I was in any way interested in you I would want to know why you are asking me this question? Are you interested in me as well and would want me to tell you I'm interested back? Or are you disinterested in me and am I appearing like I'm interested in you and you don't like that? Or are you not sure how you feel about me and am I appearing like I'm too interested. On the other hand if I wasn't into you I would be thinking well maybe she wants a relationship here and I don't feel the same way back and don't want to respond or don't know how to respond. I don't really want to be put in a position here where I'm rejecting someone. So I think the best thing you can do here after sending this text is to tell him why you sent it. Are you interested in him and want to see if he's into you? Tell him that, if he's into you hell respond. Or are you disinterested in him and are getting suspicious of him. Even directly tell him that. Clarifying it I think is the best thing here.

• words can't describe how happy it would make me feel.
    and you made a good decision, maybe he's having a hard time explaining his feelings or he's busy or sleeping at the moment and hasn't read your message.
    maybe he's the shy type (like me) and wants to know a girls feelings first before sharing his.
    or he's the player type and is with another girl at the moment, who knows.

• I would immediately become interested in her that's intriguing as shit.

Really? Wow that's cool and different

What do you mean, you hope not?

I like you by the way

• With the kind of women I tend to attract first thought is if she was looking to use that as a weapon if I said yes. As far as your case if that was a first date then you definitely freaked him out. Things like commitment are the last things on a guys mind and if you mention that too early they will run for the hills.

• I would feel pressured and you basically put me on the spot. Because if I said no then our friendship will become awkward.

• Welp. If you ask me whether I'm interested in you or not I'll say either yes or no, and I'll also thank you for being interested in me no matter my answer. If he was interested you haven't scared him off.

• I'd say "that depends on whether or not you're interested in me." Then I could get some idea about how she feels about me before I answer.

• That's very awkward, especially by text.

• I'd be very happy that basically means she likes me I am bad at reading women but not that bad lol.

• Never text that shit. Rule number 5. Always do it in person

We haven't gone out on a date yet. I didn't want to waste my time on someone who isn't that interested in pursuing a relationship w me...

Look, all I'm saying is if you want to get an answer, ask him out in person

1- you can't convey tone
      2- he can just ignore it
      3- he might forget to respond
      4- he might not have gotten it for whatever reason
      5- it's not a productive conversation
      6- you'll get an immediate answer
      7- it actually takes guts
      8- no vague interpretations of what you mean and/or typos that'll mess you up (see 1)

Texting this is just a bad idea overall for this. Literally every gu... Every non retarded guy knows this. Is it awkward and uncomfortable? Damn starlight, but welcome to our world. You just gotta bite the bullet

He's right :)

• All the guy would get from the relationship was strings... asking him if he wants a relationship is like asking him if he wants less freedom..

It's funny how you ask it like it will benefit him in some way haha.

• I'd personally be fine with just putting all the cards on the table. No use in pursuing something that isn't there or maybe it's the opposite and you both have the same desire in the relationship

• You may have scared him off. It was way too soon to text him those 3 questions.

• Has be never happened to me yet. Not likely to happen either. Since most women still believe that men have to ask them.

• Girls are never this straightforward. I'd imagine my head would probably explode

What would you do? What do you think I should do?

I'm straightforward so if I was looking for a relationship I would say yes.

He still hasn't responded to that text and I sent it almost 3 hrs ago... Should I give up on waiting for him to respond?

• I'd be thinking about whether or not I'm interested in her

• I would be flattered, but in the situation described I'm not sure how I'd react.

• she wants the d

• I would think she was lying to me

• Uhhh... uhhh... uhhh... uhhh...
    Basically that.

• You may have by putting him on the spot like that

What can I do now? I was just really upset that he rescheduled a date and said that he had to because he didn't think he could back out of working off-duty on that day. Why would he have made plans on Sunday if he was already signed up to work in the first place?

Should I apologize for making him feel uncomfortable? Or would that creep him out even more? Is it possible that he may never respond to that text ever? I know that he was having a bad day today and I might have overwhelmed him even more by sending him that stupid text.

Yeah I would hold off on that

What Girls Said 0