Using dating sites?

Has anyone on here ever used a dating site, and if so how did it work out for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be surprised to find out that the majority of users here who are interested in digitally socializing haven't been on a dating site at some point.

Yes I have used dating sites, as a matter of fact, I was one of the first accounts on "Yahoo Classifieds" which was one of the primary free originals.

I have placed profiles and paid for the service from a few of the main sites that exist today. The problem I got disgusted with are the amount of scammers you will encounter. It just seems completely out of control.

On Match, in the span of the first paid month, I had been contacted by approx. 20 or so potentials. I estimated that 8 out of 10 contacts were falsified accounts.

Most Helpful Girl

• I still have a Husband out in Egypt who Found me on Facebook and we ended up up Tying the knot over in Egypt.
    I belong to a Reputable Online Dating site, for sadly He and I are Currently Estranged. I had met some really Nice guys and never had a problem. In fact, right now, I am getting Acquainted with a guyfrom Colorado.
    Online Dating is not for everyone. Some have had Good experience, some Bad, some Never even Got the Chance for Romance.
    I tell Everyone to Do their own Homework as to How to be be Safe and What to Look for In... Online Dating.
    Good luck and Great question, @peaceful_thought xx

What Guys Said 2

• it's basically
    guys:message 500 girls get 5 messages back just to have those people ignore you after the 2nd or 3rd message
    the boys are pretty stupid aswell

girls: phone spam up the ass lots of messages more features and HUGE variety
    con is that you have to go through hundreds of dick pics and hundreds of dicks in general

also I'm single 030 after using several so for guys it doesn't work so well XD
    for girls just be careful who you message and actually meet
    lots of these guys aren't worth the breath you need to tell them to go away XD

• Yes I use dating sites, so far nothing great, there is too many sluts even there.

What Girls Said 1

• I tried but then I realized I have to much high standards for basic guys