How do I improve my body image and self esteem?

I have extremely low self confidence and poor body image. I don't believe I am attractive in any way shape or form. I don't think I am smart either. I feel stupid all the time and believe everyone views me a weak individual. I have anxiety and depression and being temporarily disabled does not help at all. I believe I'm going to never marry or have children. Everytime I ever tried talking to a woman I am always laughed away.

3mo I also have no sense of identity. I dont know who i am. For quite sometime i have been pretending to be other people i dont know my own strengths or weaknesses

Most Helpful Girl

• It's time to start taking care of yourself. You may hate yourself like crazy but each day try to do something just for you, something healthy. Work out, watch your favorite movie, take a soothing bath, by a peace of clothing you love.. Whatever it is just do soemthing each day that makes you happy. Right now you are in the mindset that your no good, that you don't measure up. Figure out what it is that you don't like, and change it if you can, if you can't change it, learn to accept it. Only when you are able to accept yourself fully and completely can you really be free. Whatever anyone else says doesn't matter because you will know who you are and what you can do. You know yourself better than anyone does and so who cares what anybody thinks. It only matters what you think of yourself because once you change that, everything else becomes a lot less complicated. It will be a journey to gain confidence but you will be free of judgement from both yourself and others. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• Either except yourself or change yourself. If you don't like how you look go to the gym and give it some time and you'll see your body transform. It also helps depression and anxiety too believe it or not. Confidence is something that comes from within and will build overtime. You're still young. At 17 I didn't think I'd ever find anyone either but I'm with an amazing girl now. Any girl who doesn't give you a chance doesn't deserve you anyway. Focus on yourself. When you get a good job, and work out and your happy by yourself that's when women want to come around.

What Girls Said 2

• I am sure you are handsome. You just need to work on your confidence, and try to think positive. See yourself as strong, and then that is how people will see you. Don't call yourself weak. Everyday repeat to yourself I am handsome and strong. Before you know it, you will be handsome, and strong.

• hey there, this is a bit bizarre and short but have a look into the power of attraction theory, something like rhonda byrne for instance, it may or may not help you here, that will be upto you, good luck xx

What Guys Said 1

• I believe all you are experiencing is due to anxiety and Depression. Have you been diagnosed? You could be Bipolar and on a big low right now. Meds can work miracles - they were developed for just this, not of some Jackasses to take a handful of Valium for a buzz. If you've already seen a doc get back there the symptoms can change. Do it!