Would you recommend online dating?

In addition to the poll, I want to know why or why not.

• yes
  • no
3mo wow, I'm surprised that so many girls wouldn't recommend it either (currently 26% yes, 74% no for girls, 23 votes)

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't vote but Ill share with you two of my "experiences". Both of which I wasn't looking for a relo and they appeared on FB, and started talking to me.
    Ex.1
    This guy I have never met full on started messaging me, flirting with me and we talking for a while. We had so much in common, it was unbelievable. I pulled away when he showed signs of desperation- kept asking for selfies and to facetime, was partly because i was insecure as well, note that he WAS a real guy, my age, and we had mutual friends
    Ex2
    This guy from a dance party on Friday night started messaging me and from there, we clicked. He is muchh more mature, has a similar outlook of life as me, despite being two years younger than the other guy. He is also flirty, but it was subtle at first, and felt much more natural than the first guy

I don't know why i shared those stories with you, just felt like the need to tell someone, please, whatever you do, dont talk with the person for too long without meeting up (with a group that is). I believe they can work, as long as both parties are equally invested in the relationship, good luck :)

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I wouldn't. If you are an unattractive guy then your self esteem will be destroyed by online dating. It's infuriating to send out hundreds of messages and not get a single girl wanting to meet you. Being ignored and/or rejected even by obese single mums is very difficult to take.

If you are good looking it will work fine, but you'd probably meet a higher quality of women in real life, so why bother using it in the first place?

The only people who benefit from online dating are good looking guys who are shy, shy women regardless of looks and women who love getting lots of attention. That's it. Nobody else should ever go on those sites.

What Girls Said 6

• Nope.
    Why?

The people I know who've dated online and are now in more or less long lasting relationships found complete and utter losers, but they feel sorry for them and don't want to leave them.

I'd rather be single forever than trapped in some kind of a quasi relationship.

• Yes, I've met many guys through online dating and my current my boyfriend on Tinder. We're 8 months strong and I've never felt this happy. I would never have met him any way else.

• I've tries in twice (not on purpose lol).
    if you find someone who's near you then that's better. But if u found ur "perfect match" in some other place and you were BOTH willing to make it work, you can visit every 6 months or so then go for it. If not then don't go because it will only lead to pain.

• It depends on the person really, some people can't handle or just flat out don't like the idea of online dating. I personally am in an online relationship. We've been together a year and one month, and I truly love this person. I intend on being with them for a long time, hopefully forever. If you're curious enough, I recommend trying it out, and if you don't like it then stick to in person.

oh, I've already tried it, twice actually, though once was as a little experiment about response rates. I'm considering giving it another try.

I recommend trying it out again then ^_^ Good luck man.

• I have mixed feelings about it!

• No I wouldn't recommend it for various reasons

What Guys Said 20

• Not really!! I tried a few, but BY FAR the WORST FAIL was the one that the old guy says takes into account so many things, to get the best matches!! Can't say, because I don't want to get sued for saying the truth of my HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!
    They match you with ANYONE, and NONE are a good fit!! I said I HATE SPORTS, but all I got was women that LOVED SPORTS!!
    Hate camping, and GOT CAMPERS!!
    Just a sht site!! Not like any other is better!!
    Best to just meet someone in the grocery store, or library, or DMV!! :)

Are there any online dating sites you would recommend? Or would you say they're all crap?

Honestly, all the women I have been in any kind of relationship with, have been ones I met casually, through friends, at work, or just in a library or grocery store. I've NEVER had any kind of success with dating sites or Craig's list. I wish I could say that one worked, but it is really just meeting women in your day to day life!!
      It was easier in college, because you could have a 'tester date' and call it a 'study date' and there were no hard feelings if you didn't 'click'!
      Some did, some didn't, but that's life!! It was easier then, because you got to meet a lot of people with similar interests, or on a similar education path, so there was some common basis.
      It's a lot harder, meeting someone randomly, by chance, and knowing what to say or talk about, and then if you should ask her out? Is she married? Maybe she only likes girls?
      I wish I could offer you something that you could really use!! Sorry.
      But just go with it, and be open, and talk to women, wherever. You never know!

• I would say it can be a good way to first meet up with people but doing a majority of dating online doesn't work. Many people act differently online than as they do in real life and its hard to get a grasp on what type of person they are without meeting them face to face.

The best bet is if you are wanting to try online dating is to only use it to set up an initial date in person and then go from there.

• I haven't tried it but I haven't heard anything good either. Supposedly the quality of people sucks and the girls get tons of messages so unless you're really good looking you won't be noticed.

• Fuck no! For guys it's a depressing, soul crushing experience and even if you are "successful" the girl will be of lower quality than you could get in real life.

No matter how scary and sometimes painful approaching/dating in real life can be it's definitely the lesser evil.

• God no. You end up thinking someone who you wouldn't bat an eyelid at in real life, is a good catch!

• Yeah to a robot

• Worked for me. We've been together nine years. Your mileage may vary.

• too many risks or landing a loon

• No, because women always post skinnier pictures and you'll wind up with a porker.

yeah, the pictures may not reflect their current age and weight, they may even be of someone else

• I've never tried it but I'm probably going to change that soon

• I don't recommend. I tried once what i nearly get is a fatty girl. They know how to show themselves skinny in pic. Try regular dating

• yes. becaus I am a Chinese, but I want to meet foreigner girl. Thers are not many foreigner girls in my city, I have to meet them online.

• yes , with the right person :D

• if you like it, do it. It's like anything else, a hobby for me.

;)

• No its bad for you

• I wouldn't trust it

• nopee

• I wouldn't recommend it for guys, because the odds are statistically against them.

• No I did it once, it sucks a lot.

• I voted know because I don't know enough to recommend it and I also wanted to see the results.

"No", not "know" – stupid Freudian slips.