Have you ever met the right person at the wrong time?

Did you ever get your happy ending?

3mo Share your stories.
3mo Bump

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually it's funny...

I suck at meeting women in real life. So... I tried online dating. I tried Tinder numerous times and never got anywhere, so I was about to shut it down. However... I matched with this one girl:

-She fit the description of what I was looking for physically
    -Based on her bio, she fit the description of what I looking for in regards to personality
    -She also fit the description of what I wanted mentally in a woman (educated, motivated, etc.,).

I decided to talk to her, but didn't think it would get anywhere. One thing led to another and we went on a date.

Now... I went on a lot of dates that past year... but with her... there was instant chemistry. Like... we had a lot to talk about, there was never a silent moment, we had fun together and we kept talking about spending more time together in the future. We started kissing as well... like it just happened... and I'm pretty sure we would of had sex that night also... if I didn't have to work early the next day... lol. That is how much chemistry we had with each other.

Anyway... After our date, she disclosed to me that she was only here for the summer and she had to go back to to school in California (I live in TX). She said she was visiting her mom and brother here.

After she went back to Cali... we kept in contact daily... but since we didn't actually see each other anymore... our conversations eventually died and I stopped talking to her... and she never did come back to Texas.

That was a year ago.

I've been dating new women ever since, but it hasn't been the same. Ever since I met her, I've also been keeping tabs on her (Facebook) trying to see if she would ever come back to Texas... but she has never come back. She recently finished college... but she still hasn't come back yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Meh in hoping this is the case, I mean with a happy ending but I'm just not sure. I met this guy online and we really hit it off.. I was really looking forward to starting something.. And maybe I got too excited too early, but it just not going to start or happen now. I go back to college in a few weeks and I'll be beyond busy. He is going out of town through October with his band and he works almost every day now to support himself when he does. He has no time for me or to think of starting anything, and I'm just really sad about it all. If he isn't working, he's playing at random bars or shows, if he isn't working or playing, he's doing some kind of drug. Whatever place he's at right now, he doesn't want anything serious with a girl and it just sucks because he shouldn't have started talking to me in the first place. Now he's gone MIA, and I just have to move on. Maybe once his life settles down or he gets off those drugs we can revisit this... But honestly I'm not too optimistic about it at all.

I'm hoping**

What Guys Said 7

• I did. At 14. VERY wrong time. 😤
    (I met better later)

• nope, i rarely meet anyone.
    and talk about happy endings, its getting harder to believe in that day by day

• Yessss

• feels a bit like it... and no, no happy ending

• Yes and no..

More like I caught the feels at the wrong time

• Yes but I was never able to see her again...😔

• I met somebody on here. I fell for her. She fell for me. Wrong time. All went wrong. Now finished. Alone again.

What Girls Said 13

• "Yes" to the first question... I'm currently going to college w/ him and I actually have the misfortune of having a class w/ him this semester, starting tomorrow. And I say misfortune because at this point I'm just so fed up with the situation that I'd rather just not see him anymore.
    He was literally everything I've ever wanted in a guy... and I'm pretty sure he was attracted to me too because I would catch him staring at me all the time, he'd be the one to initiate hugs, invite me to sit and have lunch with him, etc. but, of course, he's already in what I'd say is a serious relationship that he's obviously got no intention of ending. So, "no" to the second question.
    But I realize I'm better off anyway b/c I can do better than someone who flirts with another girl while he's already in a relationship anyway

• Yeh my sort of ex. But he's got a girlfriend now and I've got another boyfriend. He still mentions the past a lot though

• no i haven't

• Yeah, after they were already married or attached to someone.

• Yes, and yes ^_^

• This is the story of my life! It's happened to me numerous times.

• Ohhh yeah.

• Yes, sorta, and he has a new girlfriend last time I heard and is on drugs so maybe somewhere down the line we'll meet again. Not counting on it though :(

• I might have. I kept bumping in to this guy at the store, then the gym. We got to talking for an hour and I liked him. But he had a girlfriend, so I didn't go there.

• No that hasn't happened to me

• I met the best guy ever. He is amazing, a perfect lover and we love each other but we broke up because it is just the wrong timing. I'm still trying to get better but doesn't work

• Yes, but no happy ending just sweet memories.

• thanks now im tearing up.. I really love this boy (not in a lustful or sexual way) and I could defintley see myself marrying him someday but im scared we aren't going to see each other after high school he wants to be in the navy, we are friends and i think he likes me too :(... and I dont know if ill get a happy ending