I REALLY want to ask this girl out, but I'm worried of rejection. What should I do?

There is this girl I have a major crush on. I'm getting several mixed signals, so I'm thinking about straight up asking her to be my girlfriend. However, I REALLY don't want to get rejected because I've been trying to a build a relationship for about two years now. She also told me that she is taking a break from dating a few months back when I asked her to hang out, but she still hung out with me anyways. Should I just go for it? What if she says no?

Most Helpful Girl

• Continue to 'Hang Out, @ThatOneGuy007, for if you have Gone this Far thus Far, you don't Want to Ruin any Chance for a Potential Romance so Silence is Golden right now.
    She has already Made it Clear here, dear about her Dating Deal, so just Go with the Slow Flow of Continuing to to Be with one Another until it Might come the Day when a Signal has Crossed your Possible Path, and there is Maybe... More in Store.
    Don't push her. You have not Come this Far with so Far doing Anything to Push her Away.
    Good luck. xx

Thank you for the Like and sorry she turned you down. Take some time for you and like any girl you meet, just go Slow until you Know. xx

Thank you for the Vote of Confidence, @ThatOneGuy007, and Perhaps her own Loss but Another's Sure Gain. xxoo

Most Helpful Guy

• You need to learn to normalise rejection. Everyone gets it, in many areas of life not just asking someone out. The moment you start worrying about being rejected, you come across as unconfident and nervous which makes other people around you nervous and uncomfortable. Go talk to her like you don't care about the outcome. Or tell yourself your goal is to ask her out or for her number. If you do that mission accomplished. She might not like you so her rejecting would be out of your control anyway and therefore you shouldn't see it as a failure on your part.

Thanks for you answer! Unfortunately, she turned me down.

Thanks for MHG! Oh well, she did say she is taking a break from it all. The key here is you went for it and asked her to be your gf! Take the positives from that. You can ask someone, get rejected and still survive to live another day!

What Girls Said 13

• Ask her out. It is better than regretting that you did nothing for a girl who you wanted to be your girlfriend and then feeling bad everytime when you see her with other guys, who had guts to ask her out.
    You have nothing to lose. Do it.

• I think that you should take it relatively slowly. Maybe ask her to hang out a couple more times and then do something you know she would like to ask her out. You aren't going to know unless you ask. As a teenage girl, I know that we can be confusing sometimes but hey, you guys are too. She could feel like she is getting mixed signals from you and is testing the waters. Either way, it's best to clear it out and go for it. If she happens to reject you, then it is her loss. It has nothing to do with you and it isn't the end of the world even though it may feel like it. Good luck and I hope it works out in your favour.

• Go for it, if she says no just move on. I'm sure you'd rather have a clear answer rather than wondering what could've been.

• go for it. if she says no than she's missing out. u also get to move on with your life

• Better wishing u hadn't then wishing u had

• Go and ask directly! If she says yes.. great! If she says no then remember that the most beautiful love story begins with rejection! Make her love you.. by showing care and affection and love!! I've seen many examples!! And they are actually the most beautiful love stories!

• She said she's taking a break from dating but doesn't mind hanging with you. I would hold off for a while before asking her, cause if you ask now you will get rejected.

• Go for it. If you really are good friends the answer 'no' won't drive a wedge between you two.

• You'll never know unless you try.
    Go for it.
    You'll regret it... if you don't.

• Go for it be that guy

• Truly, I think you should just go for it! She won't judge ya too much. In fact, she might feel pleased that you desire to have her as your girlfriend. And in all honestly, rejection is harsh, but what if you don't ask her and you miss out on a lot of good stuff. To me I wouldn't chance it, and just go ask her because why not, right? (:

• Don't ask her to be your girlfriend, instead just ask her on a DATE.

• Maybe ask her later. If she rejects you, u will both feel bad. So, maybe wait.

What Guys Said 7

• I dunno... what's the worst that could happen? She's screams rape and lands your ass in jail 😂. If your at college, women have this thing called rape culture that they promote on campus. Meaning if you approach a girl who thinks your unattractive it's classed as rape according to feminists.

• Yes go for it. This may not be what you want to hear but guys get rejected all the time. Which is why you can't be worried about it. It's better to ask and be rejected than never to go for it at all.

• You're gonna have to get over that hump of being afraid. I know it's hard, but you don't want to wonder "what if."

If it's been a few months, just casually ask her how do you still feel about dating. Feel her out, then go from there.

If she says no, I got good slow jam songs I can recommend lol. You're gonna feel some type of way

• Build a relationship for two years? She probably let niqqas smash it withing 1 week. 😂
    It ain't gonna happen, quit being led on dude.
    She wants to play games, she ain't worth the stress.

Ghost that lame.

• Ask her out! The worst that can happen is that she says no... In which case, you can move on.

• Go for it, when you see a chance take it. Good luck :).

• Go for it, if she says no then she says no, it won't change anything about you as a person. It happens if you get rejected but if not then well done.