How to deal with a jealous boyfriend?

In the past there was a guy who liked me who i was friends with, my boyfriend said that he would like me to stop texting him and that if we were to ever hang out he would break up with me, as this would be disrespectful. There is another guy who likes me and my boyfriend said the same thing about him. I can understand where he's coming from but last night at work (my boyfriend and i work togetehr) a new guy at work was talking to me several times. I could tell my boyfriend was jealous because he kept touching me and basically showing that he was my boyfriend. Late that night in the car he said that the new guy kept following me around and that the new guy was a douche to him. Do y'all think my boyfriend is overreacting? I feel like this has gotten a little out of hand.

What Guys Said 2

• He needs to get over his insecurites.

• he shouldn't try to control you, tell him there's nothing to worry about and that he it bothers you.

What Girls Said 1

• He's certainly insecure and needs to work on that.