Why don't more men dance?

straight men in particular

Most Helpful Guy

• because not many woman are interested in dancing. At least in my experience. I had many dance courses etc. and am pretty good at dancing but girls don't ask me neither they say yes when asked, maybe 1 out of 20. That's why I gave up asking and I don't know if I am still good at dancing

as the man is leading the dance it is his responsibility to ask. what styles did you learn?

Can you dance and would you say yes if asked?

yes I would love it

What Guys Said 25

• Cos they haven't heard of Safety Dance yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjPau5QYtYs

• I'd love to but I'm two left feet ha ha

It's my dream to dance with my daughter

• No one's ever taught me. I'm scared. It seems unnatural to gyrate one's hips in such a free and unrestrained fashion ;)

• I did not really have oportunity to learn and practice propper dancing. But I fancy swing..

• I dance, in fact i take latin dance lessons

• It's just one more thing to be shit on for...

• I'm a pale, lanky, stiff limbed South Londoner who's stuffier than an old lady's kitchen when the kettle's boiling. I don't dance.

• I had girls grabbing me and trying to dance with me since I was 11 years old... The only type of dancing I ever really liked though was bboying.

• I need to as I'm trying out a thing called putting myself out of my comfort zone. Dancing just doesn't appeal to me as something I would pick up as a hobby.

• If my friends dance, I'll go all out. If they stand still, I'll be meh lol

• Because I'm the worst dancer on earth

• because were not happy or into it

• I would never ever dance. Ever.

• Coz I'm shit at it that's why.

I'm straight too.

• I look stupid while dancing.

• Why you never ask me to? Lol I like to dance

• I don't know why you saying this.
    we are 3 male straight brothers and we all dance.
    3 of 3 .

in general the amount of men who dance compared to women is very small. even men who aren't dancer don't really want to try it. what style do you all do?

i used to rap and post my songs on youtube when i was younger b4 i take them all down a while ago
      so you know hip hop all of us. but i learnd other stuff i dont wanna share it with the world.
      its for my future girlfriend lol

• i have never danced in my life

• It's embarrassing

• Because they will almost immediately be ridiculed for it. The other guys will make fun and say they are dancing like a girl, and girls will make fun because he isn't good at it, even though he is inexperienced. Therefore we can't become good, because we are usually made fun of as soon as we start to try.

• i literally cannot dance.. you can't find one person on this planet who is worse at dancing than i am

• I'm do west coast swing. But I'm quite shy guy, so unless a girl asks me for dancing, I sit and watch others dancing.

• I just never learned how. Nor was I taught how. Though I wish that I had taken a class or two in it. But now there are just dumb dance classes like hip hop and dumb-step. Who wants to just dance with a girl like that? I wish that they still taught classic dancing like how to dance with a girl during a slow song.

• I never thought it was interesting and felt silly trying

What Girls Said 5

• Does anyone really dance anymore?

• I know plenty of straight men that are great dancers. Men do dance

• Maybe they don't want to embarrass themselves or they can't dance

• Have you watched ABDC? Most of them are guys.

• They're scared of it