My Life Is Becoming A Soap Opera. What am I supposed to do?

So you've probably heard these stories before or experienced it before, I;m hoping it isn't rare. But I'll get on with explaining it. My friend and I both liked the same guy at school. And honestly, with my limited experience (none) with dating and the male race in general, I don't know what to do. My friend texted me the other day to ask for advice on dating him... and I think I'm slowly losing everything. Basically, I don't know what to do and I need help. I know I should support her but how much of my happiness is supposed to be taken? This guy has been hurting me (not that he knows about it) for a little bit now. Everyone has their insecurities.

This is just a huge mess and I don't know what to do. Please help.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know this probably feels like a huge deal right now but you're 15, there will be other boys, this guy won't even be a memory when you get to my age.

Everything is a big deal when it happens. And it isn't really the fact that it's a guy I like. It's the fact that I hate how there is really nothing I can do with a bunch of unknowns. I hate not knowing what to do and I hate knowing that either way would probably hurt someone.

Thanks for MHO :)

No problem. Anytime.

What Guys Said 1

• If I was the guy, that two girls was in to, and I found out, I would walk away from that. I don't want to be the problem between two girls

He's completely oblivious. I generally float around groups of people and don't see him too often. But I see your point. Luckily, in this case, I know that I will be completely out of the way if he likes my friend cause she's more important.

What Girls Said 1

• Honey, you're 15. Calm down

You're 16! Not that much older than me. And I'm sorry if I've never had to deal with any of this stuff before. Am I not allowed to be an emotional and potentially high-strung teenage girl sometimes? I get it, but I guess I just feel completely out of my depth at this point.