How do you recover after being led on and rejected by a guy?

Please help!, I met someone at the place I worked at this Summer. He said that he was very attracted to me and wanted to get to know me better. He gave me his number and we texted back and forth, but then I noticed that sometimes he would take days to respond back. People told me that this was a red flag, but I didn't listen. He was also active on tinder, but I didn't really think anything of it either since he put on his profile that he was "not looking for a hook-up".
Then as time went on, I noticed that he never followed up on a date he himself suggested, so I instead asked him out for coffee to which he agreed. Days later, he rescheduled the date which gave me the impression that he wasn't too interested in me. I then proceeded to ask him how he felt about me and if he was interested in me.
He said "I think you're very good looking and I'm definitely interested. I would like to get to know you better, but it's going to be very hard due to work right now. As you can see to even go out for coffee." I replied back by saying "Is it possible for us to get to know each other even though you're busy?" He responded by saying "Unfortunately because of work and the bs happening at work, I don't think that's a possibility for me right now". I said "ok, that's all I need to know. Good luck." and he said "same to you."

I am really depressed and heart-broken because I developed feeling for this guy and it seems like he had ulterior motives all along... Every time I meet someone I like, in the end, they're just looking for sex or just stop talking me. I don't know what else to do because the guys I'm into are either taken or just not interested.

What Guys Said 1

• sort of common summer behaviour though , the time of the year some people aren't looking for anything serious and just trying to meet people for casual stuff , I/m not sure he really did anything wrong other than maybe he allowed this to drag on for too long

We never had the chance to do anything... Perhaps because he realized that I wasn't looking for a hook-up? He could have at least told me from the beginning what he was really looking for...

After all, he did say that he wanted to "get to know me better". He changed then said that he was "too busy" to get to know me at this time.

What Girls Said 1

• Follow me so we can talk.

okay

I can't message you for some reason. Can you talk to me on here?

or try messaging me?