Would you date someone who has children?

I attract a lot of men who already have kids and maybe a second one in the mix. I feel terrible when I explain that I won't date someone with kids but it's drama I just don't want to deal with, especially because I'm young and don't have any on my own. How would you feel with a person who has children?

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel bad for those that are single parents. I can never agree with having any kids of my own in the very first place and therefore this would just definitely never work no matter what.

Most Helpful Girl

• if i was in love with him, i'd date him; if i only kinda sorta liked him, then probably not.

also, the fact that the kids exist means that there is a mother who gave birth to them. unless she died (and even then), she'll be in your relationship forever; if she's alive, she's almost definitely still in the picture and will likely cause more drama than i'm willing to deal with.

i admire people who put their kids first~ my mom did, when she started dating my now-(step) dad, and one of my closest friends, who has a 7 year-old daughter, is doing the same now. but i am child-free by choice, and would prefer to remain that way.

What Guys Said 8

• Never. Why would I skip over someone of good quality, for a rotten tomato? That's nonsense.

Whoa, that's so mean!

Don't get knocked up, or else you too will become a rotten tomato.

A single parent isn't a rotten tomato. They're just a single parent. There's many people who'd be more than glad to settle down with one and be a stepparent. Just because it isn't something you care to do doesn't make single parents worthless.

• No I wouldn't. I do want children but I will admit that I only want my own children and no one else's.

• If you are dating guys about your age, then you are being smart about it.

If you were dating divorced guys in their late 30s and up, then it would be a different answer.

Aren't you the guy always talking about only dating 20 year olds? Lol. That doesn't make sense.

You said she's being smart if she dates the 20 somethings with kids though, but then you say they're irresponsible and have baggage?

@RachelBrigs
      No, you are not reading the words. Try again.

She said "I won't date someone with kids". If these someone's are about her age, then she is being smart not to date them.

• I'd consider fucking her if she's attractive. But that's it.

• Single mothers are OK 1-2 kids I don't have a issue with it have one kid I don't see at all but 3 or more I won't date

• No, that's like buying a used car with 100,000 miles on it. You'd put more in maintenance than the car itself. Then the original owner comes around every once in a while to check up on it.

• Nope. Would never be with a single mother seriously or causally.

• Nope

What Girls Said 15

• I wouldn't date someone who has children. I wouldn't know how to deal with them and I'm sure we would have a lot of arguments because of it.
    Plus, there would be always a chance that they wouldn't like me.

• I'm only almost 20, and in college. Im not ready to potentially be a parental figure for a child right now, although I love them. So yeah it is almost a deal breaker.

• nope

• No, it can make things complicated. It might not work out but the kids are attached to you or they could down right hate you... I want to start my own family some day too.. not have one already made.

• Sure, I love kids. As long as there is no baby mama drama and I love him, I would.

• Yes definitely.
    But only if there's not to many drama with the mother, because if she doesn't want me to be near her children I'll respect that.

• not now, since I'm just 18 but since younger I've known that I would have no problem with that, as long as they are responsable dads. If they are single dads its quite different from being the dick head who got his teenager girlfriend pregnant and never really took responsibility

• You've got a good point with being young, so for that I'd say no

• No. I don't even want my own children, so I'm definitely raising someone else's

• I might try it out.

• no I want my own

• Yes. It sounds interesting

• Yeah

• Maybe if I really like the guy and as long as he won't expect me to take care of them, watch them, and/or pay for them. I'm not going to take care of someone else's kids.

• No, not at this stage in my life. It'd complicate things.