What should I do with a two timing "boyfriend" and my good friend who is apparently also dating him?

After hanging out as friends with M and my good friend as a trio, M and I started to see each other more often alone and spend time together as the two. I would ask about their relationship (he used to like her two years ago and would always chase after her) he told me that they were just friends. A couple of days ago, we had an intimate moment and he told me he really liked me and asked me to be his girlfriend. After a moment of hesitation I agreed and he was over the moon. The next day I met with my girlfriend and we started to talk about our love lives. She then became really embarrassed and told me she was dating M and that after him chasing her for three years he finally asked her out last week. I was a little bit surprised because for some reason I knew that they weren't only friends. I didn't tell her anything. M went away on a trip and called me that day, I told him that I want him to forget everything about what happened between us and that I want them to be happy together because she genuinely likes him. He told me they aren't dating and she must be mistaken. He said he didn't like her and only wants to be friends with her. He will be away for a few more days but said that he will explain everything to her and she mistook him.
I did notice that he was spending more time with me these days instead of with her. I don't want to lose my friend because she loves him but at the same time I'm confused as to what I should do with M.
Should I tell my friend about the situation or leave it to M or just tell M to forget about everything and not tell our friend anything.
What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Let him tell her what he feels and she will have to deal with it, I don't think you will lose her as a friend so let him deal with it

Most Helpful Girl

• That's weird, I don't see a reason why your friend would like about him asking her out last week so he must have. I'd he seems sketchy, he was chasing your friend but since it didn't work out he went after you... I hate when guys do that. Honestly you might as well just tell her cause she's gonna find out eventually. Ask her if he really did ask her out too.

What Guys Said 2

• drop the guy. he's going to get in the way of your friendship.

i think whatever happens here you can't let a guy get in between you and a friend

• Dump all of them

What Girls Said 1

• Hmm, this is a tough one. You either choose the guy or your friend. One will get hurt at the end of the day, you just have to choose which one you value more.

Hoes before bros