Help! I need to break it off with this guy?

Ok I'm trying to make this as short as I can. Earlier this year I cheated on my boyfriend whom I fell out of love with, with this guy I met on a night out. We continued sleeping with each other but there was nothing more, after few times of seeing him and realising that he only wanted sex I stopped seeing him. However I was still really are attracted to him i'm secretly hoping that he start speaking to me again, funnily enough we seen each other again on a night out and we ended up going home together, this time it was different he'd make more effort and he asked me to go out rather than just go round to his, or he'd cook meals and just do little things that me and made me think that he actually was interested in me this time. However this boy is very boring, very obnoxious and stuck up in all fairness we don't really have anything in common, he's just attractive. He recently just been on holiday for a week and we actually spoke every day. Whilst he was away I ended up meeting up with a boy I had been casually talking to, there was an instant connection, spark, attraction, everything it was there. We both really like each other and I want to break it off with the other guy, I just feel bad because the day he got back he took me for a meal and really spoiled me, it's my birthday today and he's just dropped a bag full of expensive presents off and I need to break it off with him, please help!!

3mo Ok for everyone saying about me cheating, he had actually cheated on me multiple times and it was a very unhealthy relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow another girl cheating left and right... you just prove how dirty women are of 2016...
    Women like you are pathetic... and disgusting..

Thanks for MHO slut

Most Helpful Girl

• Return the Gifts, Tell him You are So Sorry, but you Don't... Have anything in Common.
    It's not Fair that he be Strung along Anymore, with nothing More in Store. Allow him "Many Happy Returns" with Another here, dear, and Yourself... The Best of Good luck in Return.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 4

• *reads the word cheat and leaves*

• just go away and say nothing

• Your disgusting get out of your relationship first

• I swear all girls these days are sluts. ffs.

What Girls Said 1

• Well... I would tell the guy that you are actually interested in that you are planning on breaking it off with the guy you are with. That way he knows you are definitely interested. And as for the other guy, people's feelings are always going to be hurt by a rejection. But I would definitely do it in person and wait a little bit before doing it cause otherwise he'll think you used him. But I think being upfront with it all is best in the long run.

I've told the guy I like that I'm breaking it off with the other guy and he knows I'm 100% all about him. The only thing is I wouldn't know what to say to the other guy, as we've never actually spoke about what we "are" if you get me?

Yeah, I get ya. So if you guys were never technically dating it makes it even easier. You can just say to him, "Look, this thing we have needs to stop. I still value you as a person/friend/whatever you want to say but we can't keep doing this. I want stability and I would really just rather be friends with you." You don't have to mention the other guy if you don't want to. If the guy you want to break things off with starts saying that he wants you to be his girlfriend officially, then you can just say that you don't see him as a boyfriend and more as a close friend or something like that. Sorry if this is not helpful at all...