Do you agree with this? I do?

"A gentleman will open the doors, pull out chairs, and carry things, not because she is helpless or unable, because he wants to show her that she is valuable and worthy of respect".

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I think that's great!

What Girls Said 8

• I like that.

• only if it's done honestly. I personaly don't like to be treated that way cause it doesn't feel natural but like some set of rules to follow so it can come off fake. Also many guys like to do it for the wrong reasons - to prove how they are good and not to please the woman. I think the goals is to please the woman and if she says to you she doesn't like some of that actions you shouldn't do it. There are many girls that like it and I have nothing against that but many times I said guys to stop it and they didn't want to, it can be annoying to me... and like it can be fine if I like the guy but if I don't urghhh

• I do

• I agree with this but I also know that the man deserves ultimate respect and gratitude too. A man needs to know he's valuable as well.

• I don't, unless he does it for everyone. Then, I've got a keeper there

• I suppose, but nowadays doesn't everyone do that for each other?

• If I say it's the gentleman thing to do is that bad? To me that does show that he is a gentleman and he has manners.

• Totally agree. I could never understand why women are offended by this.

What Guys Said 2

• The same way a lady will open doors, pull out chairs and carry things not because he is helpless or unable but because she wants to show him that he is valuable and worthy of respect?

exactly, like treat me with respect and kindly as you would treat anyone, like your mate... a person in need etc.

@devilish-cutie Precisely! :)

• I do that for anyone, regardless of gender. I don't need to go out of my way just to impress a girl