My family says he is too young for me?

I have had the worst luck w/dating, my ex was a year older then me, but had the maturity level of an 15 y/o when it came to getting serious in life. I am college educated and almost a year into my professional job. I met a guy online, we messaged back and forth for weeks, we text and video chat now (he lives far away). We get along great! The only problems are that he is 6 years younger and isn't in college/planning to go to college. I don't care how much the guy makes, I just don't want to struggle w/$ issues later in life. I met another guy, older, very high education, but far from someone I would want to date (he is weird). My family keeps telling me he is too young, he told me he liked older women. Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• The age difference isn't that big. Not planning to go to college is fine too depending on the reason. Is he not going to college because he has a plan? Sales, small business, good trade, or because he doesn't have a plan? Plan good. No plan bad. Is he otherwise mature? Most guys in their 20s just want to f around.

He definitely doesn't just want to f around, I did ask him what he wanted to do and he said he wanted to pick up a trade. I am going to ask him again in a little bit because I want to make sure he isn't a total bum before I get emotionally invested.

I know that all to well after dating my ex...

Good luck. The age difference isn't that big a deal, if he's a worker. If he's not, then...

Most Helpful Girl

• He's 20 and not doing shit with his life. He might think he's still 15 or something. I don't think he's the right guy for you. Get you a man not a boy

He said he wanted to pick up a trade.

You're trying to find excuses to be with him and if that's the cause do whatever you want to cause you won't listen!

What Guys Said 1

• So are you going to let your family dictate your life? Do they stand in the bathroom with you while you're crapping and tell you when you've finished wiping?

What Girls Said 0