I used a pick-up line and she quit messaging me. Did I screw up?

So basically i recently started talking to an ex I dated off and on over the last 8 years. The first time, she was really in love with me and I broke up with her. I've never seen a girl cry over me that much. It really hurt her. So anyway, fast forward 3 years and I've learned from my mistake. I hit her up - she still loves me, I love her. We start dating again but the chemistry is gone. She breaks up with me a month later - and it tears me up this time. I've never emotionally suffered like that. Now we're older, and I hit her up two weeks ago, about 5 years later. I'm curious if any things left between us. We went on a friendly date, had a great time, laughing and stuff. Now a week later, we haven't spoken - as I didn't want to make it seem like I was desperate, but I finally cracked and sent her this...
" so I'm grabbing some Chinese food tomorrow and I need a cute, redhead girl to eat with me. Know anyway? ;)."
... I don't know what I was thinking. Seriously. game kind of slipped there. but yeah, 4 hours later no response. She's even been active on Facebook, so I know she's got her phone. What do you all think? How screwed am I? Lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah... you did. Give up.

Most Helpful Guy

• No, she just got so flattered that she passed out and is most likely at the hospital. The doctor told her to avoid doing whatever caused her to pass out and now she is avoiding messaging you.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• breathe. Don't panic. Stay calm and don't message her again right away.

Trying to keep it cool. Lol. Don't know what to do but wait.

Yeah. This girl is just too my type. She's literally perfect for me. Lol. Guess I should a held onto it when I had it.

Everyone has a story like that. And lamenting the past does no good at all. Keep her number and go out and hit on other women. You might find a new one.

• You did screw up many years ago, buddy

Yeah, I did. Big time. I really hurt her, bud. Guess I'll never get chance back, eh?

Appreciate it, man. That's what I set out do when I hit her up. Going out with her stirred up old feelings and now I've made shit awkward. Lol. Any tips on how to fix this?

apologies and honest, she will forgive you I believe