I was led on... how do I trust guys again?

I really, really liked this guy. Everything about him was great. He was sweet and never mean. But over the course of a year of knowing him I seemed to like him a lot more than he did. If anything, he probably never liked me. It's been a while since I talked to him and I'm so over the guy. Even though he seemed like a nice boy, deep down I feel like he lead me on. I think maybe for an ego boost. It's sad really because before I really fell for him, I tried so hard not to like him because my greatest fear in the dating world was being lead on... and it happened to me. I let my guard down and in return I got hurt bad. Not only that but I completely made myself look foolish. Now every time I talk to a guy or a guy shows interest in me, I freak. I get too scared that they are using me. This guy somehow ruined my spirits, yet he's totally fine... as if I never existed. I don't know what to do. I know not all guys are like this one, but it's hard to put myself out there again because of the past. I mean, I'm not looking for my future husband or anything, I just want an honest, sweet guy that doesn't lead me on. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a Private Opinion
    Only the asker and the opinion owner can view it. Learn more

What Guys Said 3

• Just move on, and learn from it!

Chances are if you think like this right now you're going to be a narcissitic cunt!

• No regreats. Learn from the situation and move on.

• I'm so sorry... I know what it feels like, I was led on by a girl...

You have to grieve, focus on yourself and accept it was a learning experience.. It's going to take time

I wish people wouldn't lead people on...

Thanks for the advice. I know me too, but I think sometimes people can be really selfish. I try my hardest to never do that to guys, even way before this one.

So very true. It's hard but I know deep down that not all guys r like that. Thanks again!

It honestly just takes time to get over it... Just focus on yourself :)

What Girls Said 4

• Just learn to meet people with a skeptical view point befor you jump into anything, qustion who they are, slow WAY down and the thing that works the best is ask them to get to know you first with no expecations, you would love to be with someone but your not desperate to jump into one ether, which is you just being up-front and honest really... i say this to all guys and it catches out any of the bad guys that just want to lead you on or use me for sex, works every single time because then they get butt hurt maybe quite hostile, start saying things to try and push me down and treat me like i'm stupd as if i'm THAT inscure, i've probably had every insult thrown at me epspecially when they are with their friends, stand your group with them love and be tough.

• It's very possible to meet yet another guy just like him but just know that not EVERY guy is like him. My advice is to take a break from guys. How long? You decide. Start dating again when ur emotionally ready. Take baby steps with the next guy, do not invest too much too soon! Let him earn your trust. I believe you'll be fine. Wishing u nothing but the best!

• There's nothing wrong with hating rapists.

• Yes I totally agree on that one with you. My spirit has been broken a few times now as well. But you know the saying goes a long way: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" 😊