Why do guys give a hot and cold behavior?

A guy starts to show interest in me, and the moment I reciprocate, he turns cold. It's so frustrating!
Why on earth would someone behave like that?
My friends say I come off as intimidating, when I'm actually just an introvert (read: shy).
It happens to me almost every single time. The guy starts off really confidently, and the moment I start to like him, he backs out. What am I doing so horribly wrong to scare men off?
What causes a man to hold back his feelings and not pursue a girl he likes?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm guessing that you played hard to get a bit to long. Guys need to be encouraged other wise they give up because they think that you don't like them. I'm guessing you took about 4-6 meetings with him before you started to like him and a few more before you were planning on flirting back?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's called the chase, some guys just like to chase women who give them no attention. They wonder why she doesn't like him or what's wrong with him, as soon as she shows interest he backs out cause he knows now he could in fact get her if wanted to. It's an ego thing. Or maybe they get scared cause they didn't think you like them back and they start doubting themselves so they disappear cause they don't want to get rejected.

What Guys Said 5

• Girls do the same thing - would really have to see you to be able to tell you what it is...

• Fear of rejection lol I will not be getting at any girls unless I know 10/10 they like me back lol

What will make you 10/10 sure she likes you?

Lol by telling me or telling a close friend I talk too or just talking to me in a different way then she talks to everyone else, what kind of setting are you in?

• Welcome to post feminism era. You girls started this nonsense... now this is the effects. Just deal with it and move on.

• Depends what you do to show you're interested. If your playing games then he might get turned off. If you have been friends first he might want you to let him know how you really feel, just straight forward.

• They make an effort and you take too long to show your interest in him so he moves on to a girl that will show interest in him when he makes a move. We don't like to feel like we're cared about less.

What Girls Said 0