Is it a bad idea to date someone much more attractive than you?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's your opinion about yourself that he's more attractive than you, which also shows that you don't place too much value on yourself.

I don't know the guy, but if you l go on a date with someone while having a pretty low self esteem, the chances are that he's going to see through it all & press your buttons in the long run, since he knows your weakness.

If I were you, I would work on the self esteem first and then date someone when you are ready and know what you want. If physical features were all that is required for the relationship that none of the celebrities / good looking people would break up with their partners.

Good luck to you on whatever you decide to do.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would it be a bad idea if you both want to date each other?
    I fail to see the problem here...

What Guys Said 9

• If they are willing to actually GO on a date with someone less attractive, then doesn't that mean that they actually find you attractive already and the word "less" becomes null?

Null attractive?

the situation is, there's this extremely attractive man (male model status) at work that seems to be interested in me, and I'm wondering why and if it's a good idea to go for it, especially since I'd have to see him every day if he plays me or breaks my heart.

Then why do you assume he would break your heart? Even if he rejects you - just take it as something natural and don't blow it out of proportions. He doesn't have to "break" your heart. You don't have to be affected by him.

• nope its not.

• Nope, I prefer it lol. The fact they're going on a date with me tells me they find me attractive.

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• NOT AT ALL! Confidence does matter in all relationships. Back yourself and high five yourself. Dating upwards for the win!

• Yes, it is.

• I'd say so.

• It doesn't matter at all or less attractive It doesn't matter at all!!

• With a viewpoint like that yes.

You'll always feel insecure. I don't want to date a girl who thinks she's more attractive or less attractive than me.

What Girls Said 10

• Sometimes I really think about stuff like that; like if people stare, judge, or say heartless comments about how we don't balance, or how he'd deserve someone better becuase my looks don't measure up.

• Its a bad idea to date someone that doesn't understand you and love you. THATS bad. xD as for the face. Its nit bad at all

• If you're insecure it is.

• How do you define attractiveness? What you find attrcative, may be ugly or regular for someone else

• No, yeah some people are going to think what the heck he or she doing with them but who cares. The only thing that matters is that the both of you like each other.

• It's not, don't think he's "out of your league" ever!
    Also if he really loves you, he'll stay with you, and ignore all the attention of the others

• Yes and no. I think it's best to date someone of equal attractiveness levels, since neither of you will feel like they are settling. I'm not saying equal looks, I'm saying of equal attractiveness in general.

Basically, he might be hot and awkward and you might be less hot but more fun to be around. So it's balanced :)

• Why would it?

• It doesn't matter at all

• Yeah