Should you trust someone you met online?

Should you trust someone you met online? to be who they say they are?

• Yes you should
  • No you shouldn't

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I do not think you can trust someone you meet online Trust is something earned over time as you get to know someone better. People online can easily fabricate an identity, pics and different persona (in extreme cases). Look, how the media has done uncover investigations of sexual predators posing as love interests for minors to lure them for sexual escapades etc. It's a shame to think this deeply about it but the fact is there are some very ill people in the world. You have to be more sage and protect yourself. If I meet anyone online, once I learn his/her name, I google it to see if he/she has a criminal record, is married, has an alternate identity etc.

What Girls Said 1

• i think it really just depends because some guys online are great guys I've met one

but there's also some really ass holes who lie and stuff .

What Guys Said 7

• Look at the lies people tell here on GaGuys, and this isn't even a dating list..

People will misrepresent themselves in every way, not to mention a lot of people are just jokesters.

Plenty of really disturbed people are trying to meet you this way.

Yes, I've heard the stories of how wonderful it can be, and for some people, maybe worth the risk.

But as a general rule, outside of special circumstances, I'd stay away from it.

• if you can get them out on a date then you start from there just like with anyone else. if you can't then its never going to go anyware and its a redundent issue..

• you shouldn't be scared to date someone from the net but at the same time you should be careful and view each profile with a certain degree of skeptism . and try and verifty that what they posted or said is true . before jumping into anything

• u know I used to trust people. I met a few really cool people from online then met them in real life. but then along came this one person who betrayed me tricked me and was like my best friend for 5 months I talked to them and told them everything. come to find out they weren't who they said they were, and had been lying to me and everyone else as well. so now I have rules to know that someone is who they say they are. and if they don't abide by those rules then I won't go any further with them

• people are more honest online then off...

• hell no I don't lol a lot of odd people on the weps

• You can't trust anthing online fake cams, fake voice synthesisers, fake people so you need to be careful, depends where you met them etc, dating site or just a chat site etc