Guilt over hanging out with another guy?

My boyfriend has asked me not to hang out with a certain guy. This guy is my friend and I see him often at my college. I willl see him tomorrow and I'm probably going to hang out with him even though I promised my boyfriend I wouldn't. I can't tell my boyfriend but I will feel so guilty, however I don't want us to break up :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Did your boyfriend give you a plausible reason for not hanging out with this guy? He's a stalker? He likes hitting girls? His general hygiene is so bad?

No. This guy used to do drugs but now is clean. My boyfriend even admitted he sounds like a good guy but he said that if I'm not willing to give up one guy for him that I don't care enough about him

So, there shouldn't be an issue, really. Where is his trust in you? Does he expect you to have friends with people until they like you and then unfriend them?

Thanks for mhg :-)

Most Helpful Girl

• Your boyfriend can't stop you from hanging out with people it seems he is jealous of your guy friend but he is being unreasonable, do not feel guilty and do not let your boyfriend control you, you need to sit him down and ask if he has a problem with your guy friend and why but you need to make it clear that you can hang-out and talk to whoever you like but it doesn't mean you are going to cheat on him because you aren't. If he doesn't trust you then he has some trust issues he needs to work on.

I have true so very many times to do that exact thing with him but he will not let it go. He sits there and acts cold towards me if I say I will not do what he wants. I know I shouldn't lie but I really don't know what else to do

Your not don't think that, part of guys trying to control a girl is to push them down, make them feel guilty and manipulate them emotionally, it's not great that he's doing that to you at all, just don't tell him you are hanging out with your friend at college, this is your bfs issues to work on but id keep an eye on how he's acting as well.

Thank you!

What Guys Said 2

• Don't hang out with him then! Or all hang out together! Or talk to your boyfriend about the reasons he doesn't want you around this guy!

• If it's just a friend you always see then it's not a big deal

What Girls Said 0