I really like this girl, and we're pretty good friends. What steps should I take to maximize the possibility of going out with her?

I've known her since elementary school, we're pretty good friends, and we're in 9th grade now. Unfortunately, I don't have any classes wth her other than a once a week marching band practice. She may or may not know I like her, but I sent her this message today on Instagram:

I miss having classes with you. 😓 Most of the other people I don't have classes with anymore, I'm like, "Yes! I don't have to see them anymore!" You should feel very special. 👌

She responded haha and her phone number. (I had asked for the # earlier, and she hadn't seen that message, so it wasn't just out of the blue.)

We joke around a lot, and she laughs at all my jokes, good or bad. I REALLY like her, and I REALLY want to be with her. We have a lot in common, and she's really pretty, and sweet. Now that I have her phone number, what should I do to bridge the gap created by not having any classes with her, and get closer to a romantic relationship?
(Also, since I don't get to be alone with her, like, ever, and since I don't have classes with her, is it acceptable, and/or a good idea to ask her out over text when the time comes?)

What Girls Said 1

• What's the problem? If she unswer your messages it is a good sign. Tell her about your feelings. Call her and ask to go out. Even If she refuse you don't have the same classes😂

What Guys Said 1

• Cool I suggest either telling her how you feel and that you would like to take her on a date next time you see her in person. Or you can just wait and ask her to a school dance. I wish you luck mate. Also compliment her more when you get the chance and when you see her in person act like a gentleman when ever you can.