What happened to my confidence and dating standards?

I never used to care about dating, girls, etc...

I was really picky, I wanted a confident girl who had direction in her life...

I even turned down a girl who liked me because she didn't know what to go to school for...

I used to be really confident...

I got a new job ( I went from a job I was really good at, to a job a sucked at but payed double)

I met this girl, she wasn't that smart or attractive and felt I could do better... I wasn't interested, but she kept talking to me, She liked me... I said what the hell, so I started talking to her... getting to know her, and started to like her back...

I guess I fell in love, and I asked her out but turns out she was just stringing me along and had a boyfriend... I was really hurt...

Took me a while to get over her, I turned to dating sites, talking to girls at the mall... Networking...

But it's just been a constant stream of rejection... My confidence is like WTF... I try to fake it when around girls, but it's like they can tell...

I am pretty good looking, good job, do fun activities, travel... Just not into clubbing and drinking, a little bit on the introverted side...

I really don't know what happened... I cannot get a girl... I would literally date anyone right now, but even the ugliest girls want nothing to do with me...

I really don't know what happened my standards where to high and now they are way too low...

I just want a girl to date :(

Most Helpful Girl

• Awe! This really breaks my heart! I honestly think that this might be happening so that you will appreciate the right girl when she comes. Think about it, you rejected girls because of trivial things like not knowing their major. But with this experience you'll be able to appreciate an amazing girl even if she is not perfect, because no one is. Rejection hurts and is scary, but honestly if you keep trying even when you say you aren't that confident in my opinion you actually are. Because, it takes more confidence to do something when you are sure of failure than to do that same thing when you know you will succeed.

If it makes you feel any better guys will like me but get too scared to follow through. I never thought that I was an intimidating person, but apparently I'm the big bad wolf when it comes to dating XD. If a guy were just to openly initiate dates et cetera (and was nice) I would accept. But no one ever does, they get "too scared" so I think you should just keep trying. maybe take a break first to gain confidence in yourself rather than from dating success, and then get back in the game!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1